• sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    IMG_5705.jpg

My at home hand sanitizers starter kit.
    If I grow an arm out of my back I’ll know batter next time.

Attachments

• IMG_5705.jpg
      IMG_5705.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 628

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    People existed on this planet for many thousands of years before hand sanitizer. You don't need this crap. Regular soap and water will do just fine. You can be reasonable about this without playing backyard chemist. You're far more likely to create a problem, using high concentration solvents, than to avoid one by maybe killing some percentage of the germs on a fraction of your skin organ. Removing the water and oils from your skin - which is what these solvents do - can create a whole new set of problems.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    But muh 25 precious posts….
    Yeah, that shit needs to change in my opinion. It should be limited by length of time, let's say 1 month from becoming a member, to allowed to post in classified. That would reduce the number of "Yeah, I agree" whirlwinds to jump to 25 and allowed to advertise.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    People existed on this planet for many thousands of years before hand sanitizer. You don't need this crap. Regular soap and water will do just fine. You can be reasonable about this without playing backyard chemist. You're far more likely to create a problem, using high concentration solvents, than to avoid one by maybe killing some percentage of the germs on a fraction of your skin organ. Removing the water and oils from your skin - which is what these solvents do - can create a whole new set of problems.
    Even just using water and the action of washing your hands will rid them of germs. Some of the bacteria that live on and within our bodies is beneficial to our natural way of life and existence.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yeah, that shit needs to change in my opinion. It should be limited by length of time, let's say 1 month from becoming a member, to allowed to post in classified. That would reduce the number of "Yeah, I agree" whirlwinds to jump to 25 and allowed to advertise.
    Problem is, many of those just trying to get their post count, forget the part of "quality" posts.

I think the post count should be irrelevant. It should be based upon a minimum length of time from joining the forum, unless they want to purchase a membership in order to post immediately in the Classifieds.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Off topic to the thread, but I’ll add my $.02. How about tying participation it to meaningful conversation. Maybe 50 likes outside of the meme threads, or tie the 25 posts with a min word count average.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Off topic to the thread, but I’ll add my $.02. How about tying participation it to meaningful conversation. Maybe 50 likes outside of the meme threads, or tie the 25 posts with a min word count average.
    Something would be better IMO as well. Some of the noobs get their 25 posts and in 25 posts, never really say anything, or at least meaningful.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Something would be better IMO as well. Some of the noobs get their 25 posts and in 25 posts, never really say anything, or at least meaningful.
    There's members that are here just for the reading, and never/rarely post, which is fine with me. I've see a couple of people who had less than 10 posts in almost 10 years.
    Not everyone wants to post or reply to posts, and are happy doing just that.
    Those people would need to break from their mold, and post just to get 25 posts? That's the part I don't agree with. Those people shouldn't be forced to speak up just to sell something. My vote is for membership time, not random meaningless posts.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Maybe we need to do a Rule of Eighty.....number of posts multiplied by the number of months as a member. When that total reaches 80 or more, they get access to the member privileges.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom