• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I’ve looked at the local Dollar store, Sam’s, Brookshires, & went to CVS yesterday but it’s just not to be found. The manager @ CVS told me that store hasn’t had any since all this shit first started. It’s hard to believe I can’t buy a fucking bottle of rubbing alcohol.

I’d think as many new distillers of all the hand crafted micro brews & spirts that rubbing alcohol would be easy to produce, bottle and sell? Must not be?
    much different juice, but if you are down with ethanol jsut grab some "clear springs" everclear. cheapish and 95%.
    can cook eggs with it, or brain cells. dealer's choice

ETA

just read the rest of first page and see this has been covered.

ETA Addendum

upon further review this seems to be some lesser form of internet necromancy brought upon us by on Thomas-Touchdown.
    personally i dont bother practicing the darker arts on any threads that are less than 3 years old. but everyone has to start somewhere. remember, use your methods only for the good and general edification of the community!

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    much different juice, but if you are down with ethanol jsut grab some "clear springs" everclear. cheapish and 95%.
    can cook eggs with it, or brain cells. dealer's choice

ETA

just read the rest of first page and see this has been covered.

ETA Addendum

upon further review this seems to be some lesser form of internet necromancy brought upon us by on Thomas-Touchdown.
    personally i dont bother practicing the darker arts on any threads that are less than 3 years old. but everyone has to start somewhere. remember, use your methods only for the good and general edification of the community!
    Thread necromancy for this and a few other threads was for the quest of getting the required 25 posts to be able to use the Classifieds for free.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve looked at the local Dollar store, Sam’s, Brookshires, & went to CVS yesterday but it’s just not to be found. The manager @ CVS told me that store hasn’t had any since all this shit first started. It’s hard to believe I can’t buy a fucking bottle of rubbing alcohol.

I’d think as many new distillers of all the hand crafted micro brews & spirts that rubbing alcohol would be easy to produce, bottle and sell? Must not be?

Just wondering why you'd want "91%" ?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Thread necromancy for this and a few other threads was for the quest of getting the required 25 posts to be able to use the Classifieds for free.
    ....and here we are

1640293980722.png

rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    I use the 70% for normal wound stuff, but need the 91% for cleaning the glass bed of my 3D printer.
    Can you not use acetone or methanol for the 3D printer cleaning? Acetone is widely available at the hardware store, and methanol can be found at racing supply stores for about half of acetone's price. Methanol needs you to wear a couple pairs of gloves to prevent it from getting on your skin however

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You can use a ton of stuff, even Dawn dish soap and water. Isopropyl is just a fast, easy, and inexpensive staple.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Can you not use acetone or methanol for the 3D printer cleaning? Acetone is widely available at the hardware store, and methanol can be found at racing supply stores for about half of acetone's price. Methanol needs you to wear a couple pairs of gloves to prevent it from getting on your skin however
    The glass I use has a fine mesh grid on it so the prints stick better to prevent warping. I've tried using Acetone once and it destroyed the mesh after 2 times. I've also tried Windex and it will wear out the mesh pretty fast. 91% alchohol seems to work the best from the things I've tried so far.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I have had good luck bumping up the bed temp a bit so I'm a little farther into the glass transition region of whatever plastic. Seems to keep my warping down to zero for the size prints I typically do. I print on bare borosilicate glass

Top Bottom