• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Kind of like shooting a .30 caliber bullet out of the air with a .22. And poor old Kim in North Korea can’t even get his junk off the ground. Israel+USA= kick anyone’s behind

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    With THAAD, it’s more like making the hit in near outer space with an actively guided .22, but that’s essentially a correct statement.

I’m going to assume that it also uses proximity based detonation so the accuracy requirements are a little lower.

Curious what type of missiles they were shooting down as well. Some of our frienemies have been making a lot of headway in their missile tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m going to assume that it also uses proximity based detonation so the accuracy requirements are a little lower.

Curious what type of missiles they were shooting down as well. Some of our frienemies have been making a lot of headway in their missile tech.

IIRC, the THAAD intercept vehicle requires kinetic impact. Patriot and some USN intercept vehicles are prox based.

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I worked with Bill Gates’ FIL (just as he became that); director of KEM - Kinetic Energy Missile (hit-to-kill) - an early ‘Star Wars’ program. Used as my shaving mug now:
    9ae921502cd8bfe84c02f0fa1cd4ba32.jpg

Attachments

• 9ae921502cd8bfe84c02f0fa1cd4ba32.jpg
      9ae921502cd8bfe84c02f0fa1cd4ba32.jpg
      81.9 KB · Views: 252
    Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

THAAD Is hit to kill with no warhead, as is the Patriot Advanced Capability 3 (PAC-3)

Top Bottom