• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Stupid... If we never fight back, crime will just continue. Cooperating just encourages criminals.

People are too soft on theft and robbery. I don't think most people realize that those two crimes are no different than enslaving a random stranger.

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    OK, here goes nothing... Do you realize that the robber could have had a gun??!! When i worked for the bank they told us probably a million times, DO NOT BE A HERO!! Do exactly what the robber tells you to do. He was lucky and just ended up with no job rather than no life.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Stupid... If we never fight back, crime will just continue. Cooperating just encourages criminals.

People are too soft on theft and robbery. I don't think most people realize that those two crimes are no different than enslaving a random stranger.
    The only stupid thing about this, is the teller chased after a man that was believed to have a gun. I don't know about you but I don't think the force is with me enough nor is it strong enough to stop bullets for me. If the robber had been armed this dumb ass teller would be dead right now. They tell you that when get hired at a bank and then every day after you get hired, "do not try and be a hero, give the robber what they want and let them walk away" You see that way no one gets shot. :banghead: The FDIC insured money is not worth getting shot over. Neither is looking cool in front of that blond girl that works in the banks drive threw. This guy did something stupid and he is lucky he didn't get killed for it.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The only stupid thing about this, is the teller chased after a man that was believed to have a gun. I don't know about you but I don't think the force is with me enough nor is it strong enough to stop bullets for me. If the robber had been armed this dumb ass teller would be dead right now. They tell you that when get hired at a bank and then every day after you get hired, "do not try and be a hero, give the robber what they want and let them walk away" You see that way no one gets shot. :banghead: The FDIC insured money is not worth getting shot over. Neither is looking cool in front of that blond girl that works in the banks drive threw. This guy did something stupid and he is lucky he didn't get killed for it.

+1

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    "It's something I almost look forward to. It's a thrill and I'm an adrenaline-junkie person. It's the pursuit," he said.

Looks like this guy (the teller) is just looking for trouble to come knocking. One day he's going to come across a real low life with a weapon, then he'll understand why it's not worth it. Defending your life or a family member is one thing, but risking your life over someone else's money isn't very smart, IMHO.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    IF

Tellers everywhere were known to be armed and trained to use firearms, the thugs would think twice about approaching one of 3 or 4 and demanding the money. This "I give up" attitude we have now that says "let the crook have anything they want" is total bullshit.

Serious punishment for serious crime is the real answer.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    IF

Tellers everywhere were known to be armed and trained to use firearms, the thugs would think twice about approaching one of 3 or 4 and demanding the money. This "I give up" attitude we have now that says "let the crook have anything they want" is total bullshit.

Serious punishment for serious crime is the real answer.
    This kid wasn't armed, if he would have drawn a side arm and said freeze it would have been a different story. I agree completely on the idea of arming every teller. And having at least two armed guards in every bank, for security reasons I think they should all have at least one visible and one in the back. They could be off duty police, just something other than yeah sure it yours go away. But he had no gun and he attacked a supposedly armed person. That is stupid! Considering most bank robbers get caught within the first 2 days (or less) of the robbery. Is someone else's money that is federally insured up to a million dollars worth getting shot for?

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    True, but they are just bank tellers. That's just like saying convenience (sp) store clerks, restaurants, and anything else that has ever been robbed should be trained to use firearms and be armed. So in turn, EVERYONE should be armed and trained to use firearms

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    precisely.....

obviously we can't count on officers to protect us at the exact time it happens...

but if everyone was carrying, thieves would put a stop to what they were doing with a quickness, if some 65 year old woman, along with all the tellers pointing guns at him put him down on the floor at gunpoint until the police came.... after that he gets a 10 year MINIMUM sentence for attempted robbery with a firearm....

then i think they would get the point and do something else....
    You mean like get a real job!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    "When confronted by a violent criminal, it is best to comply unless they feel their personal safety is in jeopardy. It is possible that taking action and confronting the criminal may lead to the injury of the victim or other bystanders."

Violent? They guy pushed a back pack across the counter and demanded money. No gun, no knife, no threat.

More feminization of our society. Just give them what they want. Kind of like Uncle Sugar "just giving the masses what they want" in the form of free health care, housing, transportation, etc.

Screw the bank robbers. Bust a cap in their a$$es when they try to rob a bank. The money is insured by the FDIC/FSLIC so it will be replaced at no cost to the bank. The FDIC/FSLIC are Federal agencies and they will reimburse the money with MY TAX MONEY you a$$hats! It's my freaking money! Quit giving it away!!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    OK, here goes nothing... Do you realize that the robber could have had a gun??!! When i worked for the bank they told us probably a million times, DO NOT BE A HERO!! Do exactly what the robber tells you to do. He was lucky and just ended up with no job rather than no life.

Yes, I know he could have. But if I ever worked a job where I had a chance of being robbed, so would I.

I don't ever plan on being a hero. I do plan on doing what needs to be done (I'm good at that). I don't plan on letting someone walk all over me, though.

True, but they are just bank tellers. That's just like saying convenience (sp) store clerks, restaurants, and anything else that has ever been robbed should be trained to use firearms and be armed. So in turn, EVERYONE should be armed and trained to use firearms

Yep. They should all be armed, or at least have the choice to be. If you're unarmed and you get robbed, that sucks. If you get robbed a second time and are still unarmed, there's obviously something wrong here.

"When confronted by a violent criminal, it is best to comply unless they feel their personal safety is in jeopardy. It is possible that taking action and confronting the criminal may lead to the injury of the victim or other bystanders."

Violent? They guy pushed a back pack across the counter and demanded money. No gun, no knife, no threat.

Sure there's a threat. "Give me your money or I'll kill you" is a threat. It might not be a very immediate threat, but it's a threat.

Seeing as how theft is just murder by inches, I think I'd rather take that as an immediate threat and declare the dance floor open.

More feminization of our society. Just give them what they want. Kind of like Uncle Sugar "just giving the masses what they want" in the form of free health care, housing, transportation, etc.

Screw the bank robbers. Bust a cap in their a$$es when they try to rob a bank. The money is insured by the FDIC/FSLIC so it will be replaced at no cost to the bank. The FDIC/FSLIC are Federal agencies and they will reimburse the money with MY TAX MONEY you a$$hats! It's my freaking money! Quit giving it away!!!!

Haha, exactly. There's no such thing as free money. And every time a bank gets robbed, every time they just hand that money over without a fight, every time the insurance pays out on the money stolen, you and I become slaves to the robbers for a period of our lives to replace that money.

If you work, you are trading money for your life. The hours of the day are your life. The knowledge, skills and talents you use at your job are your life. The sweat and even blood that you expend at your job is your life. Stealing money is the same as stealing someone's life. How is that not murder?

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009

+ALOT It would be cheaper in the long run IMO, if we (bank patrons) paid for several armed gaurds at our banks than it is to pay back money that is FDIC insured via our tax money.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This can be summed up quickly.The American people have been conditioned and trained to be sheep, to comply, to give in. Look how well it worked on Tuesday,September 11, 2001 If those planes had been occupied by our parents{ or the a generation born in the 50's or before} those box cutter armed douchebags would have been taken out after the first person got cut.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

The only thing we need to be saying about this guy is "good job". Maybe if more Americans acted like this guy, we would have a better country for it, instead of saying how stupid he is, comment on his courage. Shame on you all who criticize the right thing.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay lets take the Rambo approach seriously and break it down. The bag gets pushed across the counter and the robber tells the teller "I have a gun put the money in the bag" the teller jumps across the counter and demands to see the weapon. The robber in turn decides to shoot the teller in the face and leave he didn't get his money so he'll try it again. Like I said before things would be different if the teller had drawn a firearm and held the robber for police, but that is not the case. He was unarmed had no back up ( back up= armed guard or other person to help) the teller got lucky he wasn't shot. And robocop you don't count your bigger than any crack holding up the bank. I damn sur wouldn't pick your window to hold up the bank, LOL! My point is that the teller wasn't armed and got very very lucky that the robber was bluffing. Let the tellers carry if they want to and put armed security in the bank and save the tax payer money and the bank's reputation as safe will help them in the long run anyway.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, I think the point a lot of us are making is that he should have been armed...

Even unarmed, I wouldn't jump across and demand to see the weapon, but I still might make a move if I can make or find an opportunity.

Top Bottom