it gets worse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    To me, what congress is doing is criminal.

If ever the people of the United States rise up and fight over passage of Obamacare, Harry Reid must be remembered as the man who sacrificed the dignity of his office for a few pieces of silver. The rules of fair play that have kept the basic integrity of the Republic alive have died with Harry Reid. Reid has slipped in a provision into the health care legislation prohibiting future Congresses from changing any regulations imposed on Americans by the Independent Medicare [note: originally referred to as "medical"] Advisory Boards, which are commonly called the “Death Panels.”

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/...-for-super-majority-to-ever-repeal-obamacare/

2. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    No doubt in my mind,I believe if many of these criminals were cuffed and
    given the perp walk our country would change over night and return to
    a hopeful nation again and I say that knowing it will not happen.

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If this was 1776, I doubt they'd waste tar and feathers on these guys.

4. TXCleaver

TXCleaver Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    I cannot think of a time when the Feds have acted so unilaterally on such a large issue. If there's an example, please let me know. I pride myself on having a good sense of history, and I find the current actions to be morally repugnant and criminally calculated.

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    +1

6. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    From Yahoo news:
    WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama won't leave Washington for his Hawaii vacation until the Senate finishes work on the health care overhaul, even if that means staying in town for Christmas Eve.

Perhaps he doesn't celebrate Christmas, I'm just sayin,perhaps.;)