It has started, in Canada: Toronto police seize 400 guns in safety push

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by SIG_Fiend, Sep 24, 2009.

1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    CBC News - Toronto - Toronto police seize 400 guns in safety push

This is our future if we are not proactive and do not exercise all peaceful means to prevent things like this from occurring here. What I want to know is why no shots were fired.

2. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    You could substitute "Washington D.C." for "Toronto" and it would be just as believable.

3. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Thats what gun registration is all about....get all your gun info in the files so later they can raid and confiscate ! The handwriting in on the wall in the US, the enemy
    are powerful and they have gun control in mind for us....Haven't forgotten the massacre of 80-90 people in Waco over an ATF lie about their having fully automatic ARs....After the massacre and gathering of their burned firearms they were turned over eventually to the Texas Rangers and supposedly warehoused somewhere.....
    To date not one auto sear, M-16 lower, or Lightening link has been exposed by anybody including LEO or the media....Did they ever exist ? I think not...

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Gun control - hitting the puke trying to confiscate your gun with the 1st round!

5. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    not in this fella's future i can tell you that.

6. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    If the commie leaning, scum in out Nation's Capitol want to mark me as a criminal because I will never play their game regarding guns, so be it ! I will still drive under the speed limit, not drive and drink (maybe just a snort under .08, never cheat another citizen out of the value of anything knowingly, do my damndest to get along with our Texas LEOs, and behave as well as I am allowed, but if Texas needs my services I will defend our liberty with my life if necessary. Necessary meaning not just my opinion but the opinion of my fellow Texans....Semper Fi

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    In the United States I think many, many police officers wouldn't obey that kind of rule. We have a vastly different culture here than Canada when it comes to guns. I'm not sure if they have a 2nd Amendment style hard rule like us, and frankly guns mean more to Americans.

Even so, the vast majority of gun owners in the United States would hand over their guns without a fight. Maybe 1% will do something about it, at most.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Calm down, no one is going to take your guns. :rofl:

9. 2Shots1Wound

2Shots1Wound Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Canada has been officially de-sacked.

Shame.

10. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/2006/08/ten_myths_of_longgun_registry.html

Myth #6: The registry helps track stolen guns and forces firearms owners to be more responsible instoring their firearms. Over 50% of firearms used in crime are stolen from gun owners

False. Past Department of Justice studies found that among homicides where details were available, 84%of the firearms used in the commission of the crimes are unregistered and 74.9% are illegal guns smuggled into Canada, not the 50% some claim. Recently, Canada’s National Weapons Enforcement Support Team reported that 94% of crime guns were illegally imported into Canada. Vancouver Police report 97% of seized firearms are smuggled. Other government sources show between 9 and 16% ofcrime firearms originate in Canada. That figure is speculative as the vast majority of firearms used in crime are never recovered and most recovered guns cannot be identified as the serial numbers areremoved.