• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rodmaker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008

Checked out on Snopes.com and it is true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ammunition.asp

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009
    It has already started....

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
    Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
    http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Venture Surplus ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    :confused:

There are several threads about this so I won't repeat it all.....maybe a little.

It's BS is right, but not because it has any validity, it doesn't. The majority of what Snopes shows as "gathered" is a really bad BS version/

The ammo accountability site is NOT an anti gun group. It's the company that owns the patent to the process. They said they were going to make that fact visible on both sites but yet to have made that effort. It's the process they presented to to manufactures who blew off which gave these guys the idea to hire lobbyists to try to sneak their money making idea into state legislation across the country. All that "data" is at least a year old. Even California killed it.

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Through the past decade of my life I've met and known countless people with the 'yeah, you can have my guns... bullets first' attitude, now its looking pretty serious, I really hope atleast half of them stick to thier guns. No matter what race you are, or even if youre white and despise 'racism' I suggest everybody here read The Turner Diaries, despite how you feel about race, its a pretty good book about whats to come. Written decades ago about the future to come and pretty scary about how accurate it is. I wouldnt own or know half the shit I do now if it wasn't for that book.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I've seen this several times here. Tonight is the first time I actually read what they had to say.

I notice that they want to 'laser etch' the number. That sounds silly, since someone would just need to lightly sand the back of the projectile and reseat/crimp it. Nobody would know it was no longer 'laser etched'. It's foolish to believe that people won't realize of this. Every gangbanger will be bragging about his 'sanded' bullets.

Anyways, this has been hashed and rehashed. It's just some investors trying to make big bucks off of us. It has nothing to do with safety.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Sure I will destroy my ammo by 2011, because I shoot at least once a weekend. Then I go buy more during the week. If someone wants to try and take my ammo they can "TRY" and I will gladly give them the bullets from the muzzle of my guns. I bet after the first bullet goes into their head they will stop asking for anymore of my bullets.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    I suggest everybody here read The Turner Diaries, despite how you feel about race, its a pretty good book about whats to come..... I wouldnt own or know half the shit I do now if it wasn't for that book.
    You're recommending the Turner Diaries? Aren't you really trying to say that half of what you know is shit? I don't care what you think anyone feels about race or religion, that you're recommending this White Supremecists' Bible tells us all we need to know about you.

It's a pretty good book about what's to come? Like killing all the Jews? Was that one of your favorite parts of the book glockrocker?

This Chicken Little ammo thread keeps popping up like mushrooms after a rain. Isn't the private company that's behind this owned by a couple of white bread crackers?

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    As much as a contradiction this next statement is... I feel I must write it.

Iratollah, I believe you're right, this is Chicken Little stuff... but the fastest way for these threads to disappear is to not comment on them! Like I said I'm contradicting myself this very moment.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The ammo accountability site is NOT an anti gun group. It's the company that owns the patent to the process.

Not 100% true:

Ammunition Accountability Home
    Ammunition Accountability is a newly forming group of ammunition coding technology supporters.

Anybody who supports this crap is anti-gun (and a moron). Even if it is one company supporting this crap, that company is an anti-gun company. Might as well call it an anti-gun group.

All that "data" is at least a year old. Even California killed it.

California killing this BS took some work. The legislature in CA hasn't seen an anti-gun measure that they didn't like.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Through the past decade of my life I've met and known countless people with the 'yeah, you can have my guns... bullets first' attitude, now its looking pretty serious, I really hope atleast half of them stick to thier guns. No matter what race you are, or even if youre white and despise 'racism' I suggest everybody here read The Turner Diaries, despite how you feel about race, its a pretty good book about whats to come. Written decades ago about the future to come and pretty scary about how accurate it is. I wouldnt own or know half the shit I do now if it wasn't for that book.

This is a website for discussing topics related to firearms primarily. One thing we will NOT stand for is any discussion of any supremacy, racism, bigotry or prejudice in any way, shape or form. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. This being our website, we will NOT tolerate discussion of any of the aforementioned beliefs here.

No offense Glockrocker but, racism and prejudice are some of the things that have held the firearms enthusiast community back many decades. There are plenty of people to fit any stereotype out there of course, but that doesn't make the stereotype accurate for all people of a given ethnicity and it certainly doesn't make it right.

This thread has run it's course. Please guys, no more threads about "ammunition accountability" unless there is some new info for the love of god. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom