• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Let him who has never been shot at criticize those making$40,000 a year who also choose not to be shot at.

The old "if you have not walked in his shoes do not criticize" is one of the oldest and weakest arguments ever. If that is all you can come up with and not refute the facts of the incident, you have conceded the criticism is on-target.

An trying to making it a pay issue is even more disgusting.

Think of all the Veterans that defended our country they didn't earn 40 grand a year either they went anyway. I bet if he earned 100,000 he would have stayed in the same place. I agree making it a pay issue is stupid you either do what is right or you don't he didn't end of story.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Think of all the Veterans that defended our country they didn't earn 40 grand a year either they went anyway. I bet if he earned 100,000 he would have stayed in the same place. I agree making it a pay issue is stupid you either do what is right or you don't he didn't end of story.

E-3 makes $26,112 a year. E-6 and above can make more than $40K a year. However that's after 8 years. That's just base pay. Allowances can double that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My Pop was career military, and he had a philosophy on military and police pay. I agree with him, because it is what I use to decide if I want a particular job.

By the time you are old enough to volunteer for the job, you are old enough to know what the job entails. You agree to do that job to the best of your ability for $xx and benefits. If you can do what the job calls for when called upon to do so, get the **** out. NOW.

I don't remember who said it, bug I agree. And it applies to both the military and law enforcement. Past, present and future.

They are not there to make sure they go home safe every night. They are there to make sure the rest of us are safe. If they want safety, they need to quit and find other employment. Period.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    jrbfishn,

AGREED 100%. = Those of us who are "sheepdogs", i.e., police/security folks, JOB DESCRIPTION includes running TO the fire, rather than away from it.

IF you are unwilling to do that necessary task, PLEASE go do something else for a living.

yours, satx

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My Pop was career military, and he had a philosophy on military and police pay. I agree with him, because it is what I use to decide if I want a particular job.

By the time you are old enough to volunteer for the job, you are old enough to know what the job entails. You agree to do that job to the best of your ability for $xx and benefits. If you can do what the job calls for when called upon to do so, get the **** out. NOW.

I don't remember who said it, bug I agree. And it applies to both the military and law enforcement. Past, present and future.

They are not there to make sure they go home safe every night. They are there to make sure the rest of us are safe. If they want safety, they need to quit and find other employment. Period.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I completely agree.

We all work to provide a living for ourselves and our families. Many of those jobs are dangerous.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...es-25-most-dangerous-jobs-america/1002500001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom