• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Been saying for a long time that they were going to ram rod this through whether the country wanted it or not.
    Now we need to mobilize every one for the 2010 elections and get the jokers out of office and get some conservatives in office that will over turn this Communists action.
    And return the Constitution to its rightful place of Honor.

Amen and a big ole HALLELUJAH!!!

God bless Texas
    Hurley's Gold

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yup, the first thing the wife checked this morning.

Nothing like trusting your health care to people that think nothing of killing unborn babies. Once a generation became okay with that, killing the elderly and unproductive is next.

Only the elderly. The Dems will still need the unproductive to be dependent on their social programs to keep themselves in power.

81aggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    I heard that it has language in it thats says it CAN NOT be overturned by future congresses!

And that may be reason for a whole 'nother challenge on Constitutional grounds. Can one Congress do things that cannot be repealed, reversed, or amended by a future Congress? Not so sure. I've been hearing that several state Attorneys General, including Greg Abbott of Texas, are already planning such challenges to the deal-making that went into this fiasco.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I knew it would happen, and I also know once this thing gets rolling there are going to be a lot of really pissed-off people. They thought the Tea Parties were a problem. Just wait.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I knew it would happen, and I also know once this thing gets rolling there are going to be a lot of really pissed-off people. They thought the Tea Parties were a problem. Just wait.

Too bad we can't dress as injuns and destroy some ground up leaves to start a ruccus nowadays... it takes a country to lay in ruins and millions and millions of people to be waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting to get medical treatment...

We will have the same number of doctors because there is still a shortage in that area and now we're just going to have millions more seeking medical attention from those few...

God Bless America eh?:patriot:

hard shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    bertram
    We are so screwed this is just the begining of a whole lot of fighting .

Now is the time to start fighting for our right even thuogh our rights have
    been stomp on for ta.wi.o.rep. some thing this big if everybody would
    reconize what tyranny is, truly is, everybody not select few and everybody
    just speak out get this idiot out of office taxation is proof enough.
    It is still bad enough that people dont believe that he has done treason act.
    Just maybe when they see their grandma or grandpa die from lack of meds. that they are not covered by it might wake people up or the lack of help for their new borns that are turned in to veges from over mercury poisioning in the vacines that they forced by the gov. to take ,that people
    are turn into from the new h1n1 but like all news media is not reported.

Because it only wants their leader shown in the perfect light .

If this paints me in a group that the idiots think that needs to be watched
    bite me just like everybody that I know is pissed, they would rather see this administration go away than let them bring down the rest ofU.S. which
    is going down the drain fast.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Massive civil disobedience coming soon. Tea Party patriots would win with 41% of the vote. Lets make it 80%. Watch their every move, and keep exposing them. I will not be a commie that licks boot.

Libertarian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    I know I am reviving an older thread but this pertains to to the fate of Obamacare now that Scott Brown won The People's and not Ted Kennedy's seat.

Newsmax
    Pelosi: House Lacks Votes for Health Care Bill
    Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:22 PM

WASHINGTON – Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she lacks the votes to quickly move the Senate's sweeping health overhaul bill through the House, a potentially devastating blow to President Barack Obama's signature issue.

Pelosi, D-Calif., made the comment to reporters after House Democrats held a closed-door meeting at which participants vented frustration with the Senate's massive version of the legislation.

Her concession meant there was little hope for a White House-backed plan to quickly push the Senate-approved health bill through the House, followed by a separate measure making changes sought by House members, such as easing the Senate's tax on higher-cost health plans. Such an approach would be "problematic," she said.

"In its present form without any changes I don't think it's possible to pass the Senate bill in the House," Pelosi said, adding, "I don't see the votes for it at this time."

Pelosi's remarks signaled that advancing health legislation through Congress will likely be a lengthy process — despite Democrats' desire for a quick election-year pivot to address jobs and the economy, which polls show are the public's top concern.

"We're not in a big rush," Pelosi said. "Pause, reflect."
    Newsmax.com

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Hilarious, ain't it?

Remember how this was sooooo urgent, a jillion people were dying every day because they didn't have health care. They had the first vote on Christmas Eve ever, just so this could be rushed through, to save lives.

Do we think liberals will finally get it? First it was Virginia, no, only a fluke. Then it was New Jersey, hmmmmmm. Now the most stunning upset in American political history, "Teddy Kennedy's Seat".

To answer my own question, no, I don't think they will ever get it, until they are voted out, once again the minority party. Then they might look up and say, "I SEE now".

Finally, what to do about health care.

Get democrats AND republicans together, make small but effective changes, don't crowd it with useless crap, just tweak it. The people are waking up now, they are not allowing themselves to be fooled any more.

Posit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Yup, ain't it amazing? "We're not in a big rush," Pelosi said. "Pause, reflect."

Political reality demonstrated by Scott Brown's election in one of the most liberal states in the Union... its not about a good health care bill, its about reelections, retaining individual and party position (power). We should deliver a standing ovation for the voters of Mass.

Hopefully they will slow down, look at real 'reform' and how to pay for it... eat the apple one bite at a time... dump the POS they tried to ram thru.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Yup, ain't it amazing? "We're not in a big rush," Pelosi said. "Pause, reflect."

Political reality demonstrated by Scott Brown's election in one of the most liberal states in the Union... its not about a good health care bill, its about reelections, retaining individual and party position (power). We should deliver a standing ovation for the voters of Mass.

Hopefully they will slow down, look at real 'reform' and how to pay for it... eat the apple one bite at a time... dump the POS they tried to ram thru.

True. Brown was just the tip of the iceberg, they have half the support of Dem's now. It was a wake up call that has nothing to do with what the country want's but everything to do with being scared they'll have to go stand in the unemployment lines with the millions of American's this fall.

As an aside, some people don't realize, and assumed Brown was against Healthcare (Insurance) Reform. He fully supported MA's own healthcare reform in '06. He's not against it at all, he just wants a different version.

I still say screw the insurance companies, actually "reform" health "care" as in reduce the cost of medical care so that ordinary American's can afford to pay their own routine health "care" without needing/wanting insurance to do it for them.

Top Bottom