• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    If a legit third party person wants to run with the intention of trying to win, I am all for it. I believe Ron Paul ran this way even though I didn't back him.

But for a kook to "run" just to stir things up or be a whacko, I don't like to see it. The rest of the country already sees Texans as a few bricks short of a Load.

It's obvious when O'Reilly has Kinky on that it's just for laughs. The majority of us don't like to see our State being laughed at.

But, it's still a free country - for awhile longer.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    It's obvious when O'Reilly has Kinky on that it's just for laughs. The majority of us don't like to see our State being laughed at.
    I wouldn't worry too much - the rest of the country is still laughing at Minnesota for electing Jesse Ventura as governnor a while back and now Al Franken (Stuart Smalley) as a U.S. Senator.

What is it with that state anyway?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I don't know why the Demos think they have such a big chance, they have ruined the economy and have the people putting up their dukes to fight them and their
    insane ideas at the national level. Last Demo Governor we had was a mouthy old
    loudmouth hag and was an embaressment to Texas in a big way. We need no more loudmouths or Kinkys, period. Ditto Kay Bailey H. the mudslinger....

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    This was an interesting statement...

“I look around and I think, I’m the only true man of the people in the race,” Friedman said, insisting that his candidacy would enable the party to “run on ideas, not on demographics.”

He's got a point there, even if he's four parts comedian and one part issues guy.

Of course, the unspoken corollary is that the Republicans are running on demographics and culture war, running against implied straw men that may or may not exist.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Based on what we'll have to choose from, I'd probably vote for Kinky if he ran as an Independent just to make a point. I'd never vote for him as a serious Democrat.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I heard him on the radio.

He was pretty hilarious.

Your basic, populist know-nothing.

Willing to spend other people's money to help out "the working people."

Funniest thing he said was the idea that the Texas government has the ability to generate lots of money and believes that that will never change no matter what idiot policies the government has. (I summerized all the political speak)

Maybe he should look at california. . . .

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom