• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Does anyone know if the $2250.00 for the ITAR has to be paid at the same time I get my 07 FFL or is there a certain date/amount of time i would have to pay it? I'm getting the money together to get my 07FFL/SOT02 and was just wondering about the ITAR part.
    Capitol Armory ad

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    So you're saying I can do all the gunsmithing I want without worrying about the ITAR but the first time I Build (?) an AR/AK then i have to pay the taxes.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The ITAR taxes are the only thing holding me up from getting my 07/SOT02 set up, but if i dont have to worry about that at this time then i guess I'll go ahead and start the process.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The ITAR taxes are the only thing holding me up from getting my 07/SOT02 set up, but if i dont have to worry about that at this time then i guess I'll go ahead and start the process.

Awesome! I'm planning to get mine later this year.

The only problematic area I can think of is if you do work on a defense article for a foreign national.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Folks will tell you all 07s must register, but this is not true. Only those in the business of making ITAR items. Now, most people with 07s are in the business of making ITAR items, as most firearms are ITAR items. But some items such as sporting shotguns, are not ITAR controlled. So if you are only making sporting shotguns, you do not need to register.

On the other hand, if you do not have an FFL but make MILDOT scopes, you do need to register as these are ITAR controlled items.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom