• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Was at the local range zeroing new optics, irons and a red dot. Had a 7mm08 AR10 with a new PA FFP mil mil 4-14x to zero, and a 9mm JRC TD carbine with irons and a red dot to get sighted in.

Everything went well with those. JRC 9mm TD carbine was a dream to shoot.
    17 rds in a 4 inch group at 100m.
    The AR10 was zeroed in 10rds.

The real reason for this thread is a heads up.

Its gunshow season. And new idgits are aquiring AR platforms dirt cheap and showing up at local ranges.

The two that got kicked off the range yesterday at Garland Public, showed up with ARs in 5.56.

This is a low (under siege) cost, hunters range. Soft or hollow point only on the rifle side unless rimfire. No rapid fire pistol or rifle.
    Safe controled fire. Range is slowly being surounded by homes. Bullets must strike the berm etc. $15 for the day.

So these two idgits show up, request and recieve the safety brief, and a 50m bay. Pay the extra $5 first timer fee. Ammo is inspected. HP 5.56mm. Good to go ... Right?

Nope.

Twidle D an D.D. hang targets and begin shooting. I take a break from my carbine. Ive been done sighting it in, and am just plinking at 100m w 115gr 9mm HP.

I see a gun being uncased by these ass clowns in bulls jerseys. It's an 7 inch AR pistol. Mag in, coming out of the case. weapon is never chamberd, and guy trys to sholder the bare recoil tube and takes a unrested potshot. Unsafe act #1. Guy is awkwardly waving it trying to find a comfortable rest to begin his fusillade. Unsafe act #2. Then I realize neither of their rifles, including the one they have fired 20- 30 shots thru, have any type of sight. Unsafe act #3. I safe, and walk off to grab one of the two range employees.

Range guy shuts em down hard and fast. These two procede to get loud. "Why can we not shoot em on the pistol range?" etc and Mutha fu@% everyone on their way out. Demanding their money back, making threats. ETC. An offer to call the local police is made for tresspass if they will not get moving. The two are bowed up on the employees, and heated, when I stroll in to the shack and lean against the wall behind them on their left.

I'm watching them do the math on taking on the two chubby employees, or fucking up merchandice on their way out. Me: Ready with the pepper spray or an extra trigger finger....One of em verbaly derides all of us and walks out to the car with the guns.

Finally!

The larger of the two is jaw clenching and puffed up, pouting an gruntin. He slams the door open and finally storms out.

So - Be careful at your local fud ranges. Don't let the recently AR'd local gunshow crime lord wannabe crowd get the range shutterd by shooting sombodys BMW 1.5 miles away with a bald flat top noise maker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

1IV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    JRC TD 9mm w 2moa red dot.
    35032de7ec05683456b738c7bf15fa31.jpg
    61fe6401bda7c07201d6fd1c6019f8a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Attachments