Venture Surplus ad

It's hard to believe people are this stupid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    CLEET certification involves 25 hours of online or classroom-based continuing education each year.

Rigorous. In TX, 40hrs in class + hands on training is required to remove asbestos from public buildings.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    We had a very similar situation when I was in high school, only it was one of the town cops. Let's say his last name was Smith, so we all called him One-Adam Smith, after the TV show Adam 12. He used to drop around the places people hung out and brag about what a tough cop he was. (Picture a young Barney Fife.) He fired his gun into the air when some kids hanging around the school one evening took off running when he showed up. Being different times than today, he was just reprimanded and kept on duty.

One night a guy in a Shelby was driving by the gas station where I worked and a kid on a crotch-rocket came up behind him and revved his engine. They took off racing across town. The next night, One-Adam dropped by to see if we knew the guy in the Shelby. (We did, but said, "no".) He then bragged how he was going to run him down. We broke up laughing at him, in his old Dodge police cruiser that used more oil than gasoline and had (I am not kidding) 3 different sized tires on it (one "G", one "F", and 2 "H"; the two that matched were not paired together). He'd be lucky to catch a VW Beetle if the guy hit a turn hard. He got pretty pissed off at us and stormed off. We warned the guy with the Shelby and he drove his Dad's car to work for a week or two.

If my memory serves, One-Adam eventually shot some kid from out of town that was being chased through town by some other police in the back of the head. He lost his job over that.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    We had a very similar situation when I was in high school, only it was one of the town cops. Let's say his last name was Smith, so we all called him One-Adam Smith, after the TV show Adam 12. He used to drop around the places people hung out and brag about what a tough cop he was. (Picture a young Barney Fife.) He fired his gun into the air when some kids hanging around the school one evening took off running when he showed up. Being different times than today, he was just reprimanded and kept on duty.

One night a guy in a Shelby was driving by the gas station where I worked and a kid on a crotch-rocket came up behind him and revved his engine. They took off racing across town. The next night, One-Adam dropped by to see if we knew the guy in the Shelby. (We did, but said, "no".) He then bragged how he was going to run him down. We broke up laughing at him, in his old Dodge police cruiser that used more oil than gasoline and had (I am not kidding) 3 different sized tires on it (one "G", one "F", and 2 "H"; the two that matched were not paired together). He'd be lucky to catch a VW Beetle if the guy hit a turn hard. He got pretty pissed off at us and stormed off. We warned the guy with the Shelby and he drove his Dad's car to work for a week or two.

If my memory serves, One-Adam eventually shot some kid from out of town that was being chased through town by some other police in the back of the head. He lost his job over that.

Lost his job? That's it?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    CLEET certification involves 25 hours of online or classroom-based continuing education each year.

Rigorous. In TX, 40hrs in class + hands on training is required to remove asbestos from public buildings.

lolz

Top Bottom