• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    2000 was 20 years ago. You could get a 91/30 for 100 bucks. I have mine posted several places and the kinds of offers I get are hilarious. Bold is his Italics are mine

The latest was:

Him: How much

Me: for the rifle and 800 rounds of ammunition 600

also I'd drive closer to you as I see you are in Nagadoches

Him: Hard pass 600 is way too much

Me: lol do you know how much 800 rounds of 7.62 x54R is?

Him: Yes lol it's still not worth 600

Me: ok
    1f60a.png
    I'm not desperate to sell it. The Mosins thaht don't have matching numbers go for 300 on gun broker. plus shipping + FFL.

Him : How much for just the rifle?

Mosins at the gun show are 200-275

Me: well then you can pick one up there
    1f60a.png

Him: I think it just might worth the wait lol good luck to ya the gun show in Nacogdoches is starts Feb-12 I believe

Me: yeah get back to me when you get back from the gun show
    1f60a.png
    ! Hope you find one you like!

I like mine, I just don't shoot it. I'm not desperate to get rid of it.

Now the last time I was at a gunshow last year mosins were running 300+ at the gun show and they didn't even have matching numbers. The nicer and more desirable ones were running 500+.

Am I out of line cause if I am I'll change the price.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• 1f60a.png
      1f60a.png
      464 bytes · Views: 533
    • 1f60a.png
      1f60a.png
      464 bytes · Views: 542
    • 1f60a.png
      1f60a.png
      464 bytes · Views: 518

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    That dude is lying through his teeth about gun show prices

People have a hard time getting over the fact that mosins have increased in price. That said the mosin is worth only what someone is willing to pay. I think it will take you a little while longer to sell it at $600 but that isnt a bad price

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    People get bitter that they missed out on deals years ago. Imported milsurp rifles have significantly increased over the last 10 years.

A few years back I sold a Russian SKS. My asking price was $400. The amount of flak I got for trying to sell an SKS for $400 was overwhelming. Some very crazy messages from peoples wishing harmful things to people telling me it wasn't work more than the $89 that it cost in insert whatever year.

Fast forward to today and I haven't seen one for less $500 in awhile. Hell people ask $500 for some bubba/tapco special Chinese SKS. The market for these rifles have changed and a lot of people don't/refuse to understand.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    There's another side to this coin, the folks that buy high and won't accept the market has come way down. One I see most often is guys that buy a new model as soon as it drops then don't understand they paid a premium. I get it, its new, never fired, here's the receipt! Problem is now they aren't hard to find, the thrill is gone and they just don't command that price anymore.

What do I know, I'm a cheap bastard anyway...

Oh one more comment; stop getting your panties in a knot because someone offers you less than you're asking, even if its a lot. Its not personal, its not an insult, its just negotiation. If you can't do a deal then you can't, say no and move on.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There's another side to this coin, the folks that buy high and won't accept the market has come way down. One I see most often is guys that buy a new model as soon as it drops then don't understand they paid a premium. I get it, its new, never fired, here's the receipt! Problem is now they aren't hard to find, the thrill is gone and they just don't command that price anymore.

What do I know, I'm a cheap bastard anyway...

Oh one more comment; stop getting your panties in a knot because someone offers you less than you're asking, even if its a lot. Its not personal, its not an insult, its just negotiation. If you can't do a deal then you can't, say no and move on.
    Apparently the concept of a counter offer was also taught after some folks left school.

Buisnes is buisness nothing personal.

Unless your dealing with messicans bearing gifts trying to get part of your drug buisness. Then you better kill them first and bug out.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dont even get me started on the crates of moisons for less that beaters go for today.

For that matter 25 dollar nearly new mausers by the crate.

What fools we were to not store several.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Wish I'd picked up a few extra Mauser Kar-98ks back when Russian captured rifles were available everywhere.
    Whats the going price on an actual german Kar-98k? I have one in my safe. Its definitely seen combat and its probably my favorite firearm that I own

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom