• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    Here’s the unfortunate truth about the secondary market. You aren’t going to get the price that vendors or stores are asking. If you are asking a price that a vendor or store is asking people are just going to go there. Expect to sell your stuff $100-$200 cheaper than you paid for it. Sometimes even more. I sell on the secondary market a ton so I can get new stuff for my channel. It’s a losing market. So while it’s not 2000 anymore, don’t expect to get what you ask for anything you sell on the secondary market. Even if it’s a Mosin Nagant that is technically already used before you purchased it.
    Gun Zone Deals

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Here’s the unfortunate truth about the secondary market. You aren’t going to get the price that vendors or stores are asking. If you are asking a price that a vendor or store is asking people are just going to go there. Expect to sell your stuff $100-$200 cheaper than you paid for it. Sometimes even more. I sell on the secondary market a ton so I can get new stuff for my channel. It’s a losing market. So while it’s not 2000 anymore, don’t expect to get what you ask for anything you sell on the secondary market. Even if it’s a Mosin Nagant that is technically already used before you purchased it.

It was fresh out of the cosmo when I bought it. It wasn't used when I purchased it "technically."

Secondly. I'm fine with holding onto it. Guns aren't like cars. They rarely depreciate. Again, I didn't NEED to sell it. I taught economics. I understand the secondary market and pricing. the gun show wasn't Vendors selling new Mosin's they were used and it was obvious =) I appreciate your insight, but I did do my homework before just "shooting my load" out here on the internet.

Again. I am fine with keeping it. It wasn't necessary for me to sell it. I have a good job, no kids, and no liabilities. My retirement fund is fully funded and I just mostly dick around with my money as I wish. I was giving someone an opportunity to have it for CHEAPER than they could have bought it otherwise. Which is why these offers were laughable, as is your response.

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    It was fresh out of the cosmo when I bought it. It wasn't used when I purchased it "technically."

Secondly. I'm fine with holding onto it. Guns aren't like cars. They rarely depreciate. Again, I didn't NEED to sell it. I taught economics. I understand the secondary market and pricing. the gun show wasn't Vendors selling new Mosin's they were used and it was obvious =) I appreciate your insight, but I did do my homework before just "shooting my load" out here on the internet.

Again. I am fine with keeping it. It wasn't necessary for me to sell it. I have a good job, no kids, and no liabilities. My retirement fund is fully funded and I just mostly dick around with my money as I wish. I was giving someone an opportunity to have it for CHEAPER than they could have bought it otherwise. Which is why these offers were laughable, as is your response.

Totally understand about not needing to sell it. But new gun price does depreciate just like a car coming right off the lot. Selling on secondary market person to person the price goes down even if never shot, because the buyer just has to take your word that it’s never been shot or that it will work. Certain older guns will appreciate in value, but you still in person to person market will not get what a store or distributor will get for them.

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    What's your channel?
    Also people that listen to me probably wish Tapco was back in business so they could get a tactical stock for their Czech sks. Wouldn’t that look so awesome Tapco stock and grenade launcher (read that in autistic bubba screeching voice)

Top Bottom