It's not looking good for my little buddy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big country, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I think I'm going to have to put down my little dog within the next few days. He just ruptured a disk some how and has become paralyzed from the waist down. He has lost control of his bowls and has taken to immediately biting my wife, my mother, and I when We have to pick him up. I know I could get the surgery but I can't afford half of it let alone the whole thing and it's only got like a 15 or 20% chance of doing any good.
    Here he is, healthy as can be. this pic was taken a long time ago.
    [​IMG]

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Sorry to hear about your little bud.....poor pup. Try not to be offended when he tries to bite you, I'm sure it has more to do with his own pain or fear than really wanting to hurt you. Hopefully you can make his last days as comfortable and loved as possible.

3. Acetone

Acetone Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    Sorry to hear that. He looks like a good boy (and a gun lover too.) No words make it easier to say goodbye to a friend. My thoughts are with you.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well he is going in at about 5:45 today. My wife just made the appointment. I don't get offended when he bites me right now. Even though my finger still hurts and has a tooth whole in it. I think it's better this way. Some of you may remember that earlier this year I had to go threw something like this with my oldest dog and I'm in no mood to do it all again in the same year. But like I said he really can't move and he is constantly defecating on him self and it's only getting worse. My wife and I really appreciate the support.

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man so very sorry!

6. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    :'(

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well I think there are some other things that are going to make tonight worse. I just went and talked to the client and told him that if I'm a zombie in the morning I'm sorry.

8. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    That really sucks. Tomorrow I'm taking my Lab in for his first injection to get rid of heartworms. As long as I keep him calm during this treatment (3 shots total) he should be ok. It's rough when you get attached to them, and the get sick like that.

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Sorry to hear that BC. We are animal lovers too.

10. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That sucks. We had to put down three of ours over the years , and that last one was such heart breaker, we've not gotten another one since. It will be painful, but it's the right thing to do.