• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I think I'm going to have to put down my little dog within the next few days. He just ruptured a disk some how and has become paralyzed from the waist down. He has lost control of his bowls and has taken to immediately biting my wife, my mother, and I when We have to pick him up. I know I could get the surgery but I can't afford half of it let alone the whole thing and it's only got like a 15 or 20% chance of doing any good.
    Here he is, healthy as can be. this pic was taken a long time ago.
    big-country-albums-my-pics-picture399-dog-getting-ready-opening-day-cat-season.jpg
    Military Camp

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Sorry to hear about your little bud.....poor pup. Try not to be offended when he tries to bite you, I'm sure it has more to do with his own pain or fear than really wanting to hurt you. Hopefully you can make his last days as comfortable and loved as possible.

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    Sorry to hear that. He looks like a good boy (and a gun lover too.) No words make it easier to say goodbye to a friend. My thoughts are with you.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well he is going in at about 5:45 today. My wife just made the appointment. I don't get offended when he bites me right now. Even though my finger still hurts and has a tooth whole in it. I think it's better this way. Some of you may remember that earlier this year I had to go threw something like this with my oldest dog and I'm in no mood to do it all again in the same year. But like I said he really can't move and he is constantly defecating on him self and it's only getting worse. My wife and I really appreciate the support.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well I think there are some other things that are going to make tonight worse. I just went and talked to the client and told him that if I'm a zombie in the morning I'm sorry.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Sorry to hear about your little bud......

That really sucks. Tomorrow I'm taking my Lab in for his first injection to get rid of heartworms. As long as I keep him calm during this treatment (3 shots total) he should be ok. It's rough when you get attached to them, and the get sick like that.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That sucks. We had to put down three of ours over the years , and that last one was such heart breaker, we've not gotten another one since. It will be painful, but it's the right thing to do.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I already told my wife that after Champ (the hound dog that was boating with me in the back yard) dies I'm keeping it to one dog that stays inside or none at all. I don't think I can take putting the little one down, and I don't think it'll be easy to deal with Champ when the time comes either. It's just so heart breaking to have a dog that your used to having to fight to keep calm suddenly just stop and have nothing from the waist down. It's tearing me up. My dogs are like children to me and when this happens it just kills me.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I feel ya Big C.
    My Australian Shepard is like one of my kids and she's about 10 years old and started showing some sign of her age and common hip problems for the breed.
    Just thinking of how her health could fail her just kills me.
    I never wanted her in the 1st place but the kids did. The kids are grown and gone now but form the very beginning she would come to me before anyone else. I guess she knew she would end up being my dog.
    My heart goes out to ya!
    Good luck and know you're not alone in your sorrow!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Over the years we've lost 7 pets, 3 runaways (damn brother's kid left my gate open), and 1 outside cat that disappeared. Our oldest pet, a cat we'd had since it was a 2 month old kitten, almost made it to 21. It's always hard losing a family member.

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    Sorry to hear that. I'm sure it is difficult, but for the better. Mine is just turning 2 so I could not even imagine.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Sorry to hear about your dog BC. I had a Golden Retriever for 16 years, was tough when we had to put her down. I had a cat that I had to put down 2 years ago, she was 14 I think when we put her down.

dday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    irving tx
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Looks like im in the same boat, my wife just called and told me to meet her at the vet when i get off of work. Our cat has been sick for a couple of days and it doesn't look good :(. Took him to the vet last week and they said that it looks like he just had a cold. He hasn't gotten better so she took him back today and now his heart is swollen and he has allot of fluids in his lungs. I got this cat as a kitten right before my daughter was born and they are pretty close. He is only 4 years old. Sucks.....looks like its not going to be a fun night

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Looks like im in the same boat, my wife just called and told me to meet her at the vet when i get off of work. Our cat has been sick for a couple of days and it doesn't look good :(. Took him to the vet last week and they said that it looks like he just had a cold. He hasn't gotten better so she took him back today and now his heart is swollen and he has allot of fluids in his lungs. I got this cat as a kitten right before my daughter was born and they are pretty close. He is only 4 years old. Sucks.....looks like its not going to be a fun night
    That sucks man I hope the cat gets better. My wife is pretty torn up about our dog. I am to. It wouldn't have been so hard at the vet last night but he was so happy to see other people that he was perky at the end. It's hard to see him like that, had I not known that he was really suffering and just seen the top half of him I'd have thought it was the same ole dog. Anyway mines a done deal I'm throwing my support behind you man. I know how hard it is to loose a close friend and family member like that.

Top Bottom