• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flashcb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Magnolia, TX
    Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Sorry as well big, being that my dog and I made the 1700ish mile trip moving from NY to Houston last month, indeed pets are family members. It's always hard losing them, just gotta remember all the good times.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I feel for you, man. My sister lost her cat a few weeks ago. Given the area I'd guess a rattlesnake more than likely. Well, at least she lived free instead of declawed and staring out a kitchen window.

Flashcb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Magnolia, TX
    Wish I could claim it as more than copy and paste. Having lost more of my pups than I wish, I can only offer my condolences.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My neighbor Tim had a big, black mixed breed who tangled with an Ozarka truck and lost. His back was broken and although he seemed to be more confused about why his back end didn't work anymore than in pain, prognosis was really bad. Tim asked me to put him down. I didn't want to do it but he asked me as a friend to do what needed to be done. I went into the house, got my .45 and handled it.

Sometimes life sucks and we have to choose between what we WANT to do and what we NEED to do. My heart goes out to ya and I know you'll find the right thing to do and be able to accept that.

Flash

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I miss him running to the door when I get home and bouncing all over the house. I miss him sitting on the back of the couch watching me when I was outside. But my wife was hit the hardest it was her dog mostly and he'd turn his nose to me and go to her any time she was around. But I still miss him. Thank you all again for the kind words. It is great to have such good people on this site.

Top Bottom