• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    50cf984fa45bf6c94111d6099fdc0b37.jpg

My little brother and his lifelong buddy decided they were gonna get harleys so I snagged this one up cheap to ride with em. Im either gonna call it the “red recliner” or the “pork chopper”(its an ex police bike). Ive always ridden go fast bikes, so this is quite the change of pace for me. It sounds/looks cool though. Already got a huge pile of parts en route to do a club style build.
    Military Camp

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    50cf984fa45bf6c94111d6099fdc0b37.jpg

My little brother and his lifelong buddy decided they were gonna get harleys so I snagged this one up cheap to ride with em. Im either gonna call it the “red recliner” or the “pork chopper”(its an ex police bike). Ive always ridden go fast bikes, so this is quite the change of pace for me. It sounds/looks cool though. Already got a huge pile of parts en route to do a club style build.
    How's your dad?

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a FXDL that I made into a badass bar hopper. Slammed it, custom paint, bars, cams, forward controls. I touched everything on that bike. FXDL is a really nice and balanced bike. You can make it supper comfy or trick it out to where you can only ride for an hour before your culo goes numb.

I'll post some pics after I dig them up.

Keep us up to date on the progress

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    My first Harley was an FXDP, and you can ride the shit out of that bike. Dual discs up front, adjustable suspension, get it set up right and you'll surprise everyone with how fast it can be ridden! Tire pressure is important too!

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    Coming from a sport bike to a cruiser I could see the thought process behind calling it a recliner, but I would skip calling it a recliner until you go touring with backrests and all the comfort goodies.

I tried riding my brother's R1 once. I only made it 1.5 parking spaces. I never felt comfortable enough to put my feet up behind me.

I had a 750 Nighthawk (to learn on), then an 1800VTX, then a Victory Cross Country, then my current Harley Ultra Limited.

The Victory felt more like a recliner than the Harley does. The Victory had an extra 1.5" between the wheels and about an extra 1" between the seat and the foot controls. I noticed that immediately when I got on my dad's ultra limited before I bought mine. I only sold the Victory because Polaris shut them down in favor of Indian, I had enough of the local service shop in Selma. I didn't go with an Indian because the only Indian shop was out in Beorne and the one in New Braunfels wasn't open then.

Top Bottom