• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yall ever heard of the Smile Curve? Texas got the frosting side of the Oreo cookie.
    Very aware of it. The value output of the graph is measured in monetary returns, but there is intrinsic value in having manufacturing within our state even though it's not a high monetary producer in the supply chain. Same as there is value beyond monetary returns for Texas to have it's own power grid, own refineries, own natural gas, grow it's own food, etc...

I'm extremely happy Magpul is coming to Texas, but we still need more manufacturing here.
    Capitol Armory ad

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Very aware of it. The value output of the graph is measured in monetary returns, but there is intrinsic value in having manufacturing within our state even though it's not a high monetary producer in the supply chain. Same as there is value beyond monetary returns for Texas to have it's own power grid, own refineries, own natural gas, grow it's own food, etc...

I'm extremely happy Magpul is coming to Texas, but we still need more manufacturing here.

Hmm yeah, I see your point there.

Maybe Magpul's move will encourage other big companies who are sitting on the fence. Get the ball rolling on getting other manf out to TX.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm glad they are moving here.
    Honestly, I never thought they would leave Colorado. Figured they would sit tight until the gun control silliness there was repealed.
    Good for Texas.

Bitbanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Everyone seems to be equating HQ with management only. Don't forget it usually includes non paper pusher positions such as R&D. I'd expect that they will build near/at an existing range or, more likely, build one of their own. Could be pretty cool for those living in N Texas.

Plus it sounds like the new manuf. is "80 miles north" of their existing manuf. facilities, making any supply chain/distribution logistics easier to transition to (as well as the before mentioned cheaper labor force).

hard eight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Richardson
    Uncle in the property brokerage biz heard it from next door neighbor's ex brother-in-law's dentist's accountant.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's an odd decision. I love Wyoming but winters there are brutal! In Laramie, the locals told me that 30 below zero is common and they showed me where 8 foot snow drifts collect right in the main part of town. For several months of the year, the whole state is frozen solid.

In contrast, Texas is fairly mild 12 months of the year. I'd sure give that decision another look!

Flash

hard eight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Richardson
    Richardson will be HQ, not manufacturing. Watch for announcement in the next few weeks. This Uncle always right.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom