• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    So this morning I went to the range with my G19. I have maybe 8-900 rounds threw it without a single
    malfunction. All of that ammo has been brass cased ammo like Winchester and CCI Blazer. So you know the ammo crunch
    has been running shelves dry and I decided to buy some Wolf Polyformance online. It was cheap and available. Long story short
    I had several malfunctions, all of them were fail to fire. The gun was in battery but when I pulled the trigger I got no bang. All the
    rounds that failed were loaded back up and fired again with no problem. Never had a problem with brass but I think this has to be
    the ammo. I have fired thousands of rounds of wolf threw my AK with no malfunctions at all but never used 9mm steel case wolf. I
    got a couple pictures of the ammo I was using. So have any of you guys experienced this with wolf 9mm?

WPA Polyformance Box
    20140605_095826(0).jpg

Round was put back in and fired a second time with no problem
    20140605_094644.jpg
    20140605_094708.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My personal experience is that "Russian primers are hard" is true across the board. I have plenty of Russian 7.62x39 that is 100% reliable in my SKS but fails 10% of the time in my CZ 527 bolt rifle and 40% of the time in my single-shot target pistol (a Competitor CP-1).

To be more directly on topic, I've had similar results with Wolf 9mm ammo. I haven't been quite as unlucky as you were in this case but I've experienced something very similar.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It's the ammo, no question. I can't speak to the ammo you used, but S&B ammo has always given me ignition problems on striker fired guns, and my Sigs with reduced power springs.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Had some real similar problems like that last time I shot my M&P with Wolf. I know the one case I have is an older one, and that's where the bad ammo was from. Never had a problem with it before. Might just be my luck I got a full case of a bad batch.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It's the ammo.
    Russian stuff tends to be harder and then you may have ammo with primers designed for open bolt sub machine guns. Striker fired guns don't hit the primer softer than hammer fired guns. It's just an ammo problem. There is a resin it was cheap and on sale.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You get what you pay for.

Russkie ammo is cheap compared to Winchester, Federal, Hornady, Sellior & Bellot, etc. etc.

Yessir, your choice of ammo snuffed out a gun that should have run 100%.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    So i'm guessing that this ammo has to be more reliable in hammer fired pistols than striker fired.

Not necessarily.
    Ive got revolvers that ftf with s&b and other cheap stuff.
    They don't give trouble with reloads either.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The only issues I have ever had with my Glocks is with Wolf steel cased ammo. It has been a while since I used any but apparently it is still an issue.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You're dealing with hard primer shells, for sure.

Please don't take this the wrong way but.............

The Glock 19 is a beautifully engineered pistol and it's sold for what is surely a decent price! It does EXACTLY what it was designed to do, reliably and EVERY time! The G19 is safe, accurate and reliable! Further, the G19 will perform like that for decades without a hiccup!

Then..........you put the cheapest crap ammunition on the market through the gun and wonder why there are malfunctions!

I had to learn this lesson myself a few years ago. I bought a Harley Davidson XL1200C. Big engine + light bike= big performance! The 1200 cc engine has high compression and a HP Buell cam. When I got the bike, it backfired, spit out of the Carb, stumbled and raised all kinds of Hell. Then I caught myself filling the bike at the "Sams" local gas station. I put the cheapest crap fuel that money can buy in that poor bike and it was barfing all over itself! I switched to premium fuel and ALL of those performance problems went away.....totally!

The sting of filling my bike with higher priced fuel was immediately replaced with smooth, reliable running. It was money well spent and the lesson was learned! It is a joy to ride and reliability is 100%. (There is a picture of that bike on my profile album. Please feel free to visit.)

SO.....the bottom line is................you get what you pay for.

Flash

Last edited:

big COUNTRY 91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2014
    The primers in wolf have problems in pistolammo wolf is ggood to take out to the range if you don't mind steel but for protection no not rely able

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just as an odd little side observation, there are some Russian primers sold as reloading components that are highly thought of in the accuracy-oriented sectors of the shooting sports.

Too bad all their cheap ammo seems to be loaded with primers that need to be so mightily whacked to make them function semi-reliably.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Treat it as cheap range-blasting ammo that will fire 99% of the time and will also let you practice your failure-drills and you'll be good :)

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    I have had issues like that with Wolf primers in some of my reloads. I was shooting some 357 mag loads in my revolver and I hit the primer 3-4times and it never fired.

I only use them for plinking reloads now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have a wolf extra power hammer spring in my AR and only shoot milsurp. Is there an option for a g19 to run a heavier spring for the striker? Idk how striker fires work compared to hammer fired guns.

sabot_round

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Killeen, TX
    I have had issues like that with Wolf primers in some of my reloads. I was shooting some 357 mag loads in my revolver and I hit the primer 3-4times and it never fired.

I only use them for plinking reloads now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the primers for proper seating. Some folks have reported similar issues, and seating the primers all the way in have resolved those issues. I've been using wolf/tula primers for quite a few years for all my AR needs and have yet to experience a malfunction with them.

Top Bottom