• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    From Nutnfancy, he makes good points. do not expect you all to watch the entire video. I've already written both Cornyn and Cruz. The president and my Representative in the house.

The Left has momentum in banning AR15s, accessories, magazines, gun features and perhaps instituting a Universal Background Check and registration scheme. Time to rally the troops in a letter writing campaign and make our voices heard. Daily we see a barrage of well crafted Progressive propaganda whose ultimate aim is NOT public safety but the outright banning of privately held guns in America. As discussed here, this is nothing new but of late it has gain traction and springboards off of Trump hate. You could see an outright ban on AR15 style of rifles for instance. We are outnumbered in our thinking: our belief in the traditional family to teach personal responsibly, self reliance, the right of self defense, and love of the US Constitution. Logic with the Left doesn't play. They will NOT admit that most gun laws and GUN FREE zones fail in preventing these mass shootings (witness Chicago). If they truly wanted to increase safety of our children in school then they would move to immediately arm teachers and parents, THAT has been proven to work and save LIVES! Watch the video from start to finish and we will discuss this and a lot more! A CTA by TNP!

Google your Senators and Reps for their addresses https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ AND Call the White House at (202)-456-1111 today and tell President Trump that he should oppose the expansion of federal background checks and oppose the ban on bump stocks.

If that number is busy, then call 202-456-1414. SUGGESTED LETTER FOLLOWS:

DearPresident Trump/Senator/Rep: I am against any new gun laws. I adamantly oppose more restrictive Universal Background Check/Registration/NICS legislation in all its forms. Our current background check system functions well when used properly and criminals will always find a way to get guns, usually illegally. It could block good people from defending themselves. Additionally I opposed any new laws banning certain types of guns and/or accessories. I know you stand with real Americans in protecting our Constitution and its provisions like the 2nd Amendment in its entirety. Here are 3 key points in the current environment to ban/limit gun ownership:

1) A campaign of disinformation is pushed by all media on most media (fake news). It has nothing to do with public safety and preventing future mass shootings of innocent people; no gun law would have stopped Nikolas Cruz in FL. Violent criminals have always broken laws and achieved regrettable violence with all kinds of devices (like delivery trucks in France & NY). Every mass shooting has only occurred through violation of many laws…just like in FL. If we truly wish to protect our children then we should make laws where potential victims are immediately ARMED. UT has such a law in their schools. As such please support the Safe Students Act (H.R. 34) would repeal gun-free school zones across the country, allowing security guards, administrators, teachers, and parents to protect their students.

2) This movement is more ominous in nature and it ties into an alarming political change in the US. The exact kind our forefathers worried about. It seeks to fully disarm the American people over a period of years. Is this Constitutional? The proposed bump sock or AR-15 ban and its associated bans (magazines, accessories) will make great inroads to this purpose. In doing so it could threaten public safety and perhaps even rule of law as its enforcement is attempted. This could lead to civil unrest or even worse as many refuse to comply with such unconstitutionality and seizure of private property. I and millions of others wish to prevent this and work to preserve rule of law in this country.

3) Americans are entitled to own semi-automatic firearms with their magazines in order to resist possible tyranny. Even with these we are outgunned. This isn’t some far fetched, ridiculous extremist notion but a lesson simply born of history. Our Bill of Rights was specifically included by our forefathers to protect this important right of self defense and of being armed. It ranks only behind freedom of speech in importance. The 2nd ensures the others rights can remain protected. It also ensures the government answers to the people and prevents the destruction of personal liberty. I support those politicians that protect our hard fought legacy of freedom and personal responsibility. I thank you for your opposition to these and more gun laws.
    Lynx Defense

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I like that guy, but I wish he could make a point in less than 35 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    SUGGESTED LETTER FOLLOWS
    No letter that long and detailed will be read, much less acted upon. Letters and calls get tabulated in a simple for/against format so that whoever briefs the politician can present numbers.

Nuance is for policy papers and conferences. Nuance is for wonks. It's necessary but it's not what you send to elected officials.

If you're ever in a position to write laws, you must understand nuance. I've been there and that's a whole different world. Politicians, however, essentially never write legislation.

Top Bottom