I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
I can't read the article. What regulation, law is this and from who. Most leos I know already complain they are treated as family counselers with no formal training. To expect them to decide insanity too would be insanity. At one time, all it took was one doctor saying you were mentally incompetent. Too much power in one hand. Thats why mostvstates require a court order now.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
If you have a mentally unstable person in your family that is getting committed, go get their weapons and store them for them....problem solved. Police Departments don't want to store other people's property, weapons or otherwise...I promise.

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
Nov 8, 2008
South of San Antonio
I can't read the article. What regulation, law is this and from who. Most leos I know already complain they are treated as family counselers with no formal training. To expect them to decide insanity too would be insanity. At one time, all it took was one doctor saying you were mentally incompetent. Too much power in one hand. Thats why mostvstates require a court order now.
You would rather have a political appointee or a judge with zero mental health training deciding if you should be committed vs. a doctor who specializes in that field? Really?

Regardless, a Peace Officer can do an "Emergency Detention" on a mental patient all by himself. No judge required.

Last edited:

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members