• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I can't read the article. What regulation, law is this and from who. Most leos I know already complain they are treated as family counselers with no formal training. To expect them to decide insanity too would be insanity. At one time, all it took was one doctor saying you were mentally incompetent. Too much power in one hand. Thats why mostvstates require a court order now.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If you have a mentally unstable person in your family that is getting committed, go get their weapons and store them for them....problem solved. Police Departments don't want to store other people's property, weapons or otherwise...I promise.

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I can't read the article. What regulation, law is this and from who. Most leos I know already complain they are treated as family counselers with no formal training. To expect them to decide insanity too would be insanity. At one time, all it took was one doctor saying you were mentally incompetent. Too much power in one hand. Thats why mostvstates require a court order now.
    You would rather have a political appointee or a judge with zero mental health training deciding if you should be committed vs. a doctor who specializes in that field? Really?

Regardless, a Peace Officer can do an "Emergency Detention" on a mental patient all by himself. No judge required.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom