• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's been awhile since they go me on a CC, but this is a first on my debit card. $150 at a Haynes Outlet in NC.

This particular card has NEVER been used for any over the counter transaction. The only thing it has been used for is bill pay and cash withdrawal from branch bank.

Thankfully I have notifications switch on. Had the card canceled and charge disputed within minutes of it showing up. I still had quite a few more dollars in there if I hadn't noticed. Bank says I should see a credit within two days.

The thing that really pisses, besides someone walking around with a cloned card of mine in North Carolina, is someone walking around in T-shirts and underwear I really could use myself.:mad:
    Hurley's Gold

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It's been awhile since they go me on a CC, but this is a first on my debit card. $150 at a Haynes Outlet in NC.

This particular card has NEVER been used for any over the counter transaction. The only thing it has been used for is bill pay and cash withdrawal from branch bank.

Thankfully I have notifications switch on. Had the card canceled and charge disputed within minutes of it showing up. I still had quite a few more dollars in there if I hadn't noticed. Bank says I should see a credit within two days.

The thing that really pisses, besides someone walking around with a cloned card of mine in North Carolina, is someone walking around in T-shirts and underwear I really could use myself.:mad:
    I hate when that happens. From my experience, it seems to happen more when we order goods online. Not so much paying bills. One example I can give is using brownells or midway one year and my card number was jacked. It’s just sometimes our information isn’t as protected as we think annnnd not saying those companies operate like that but most online businesses will immediately transfer consumer info to another server and leave nothing to an ftp attack. Most. Some places still leave info with the actual website you shop with. It’s really stupid. Or maybe you used an unsecured WiFi to shop with?

Who knows my knowledge isn’t up to speed. Others on here know better.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Do you pay bills online with it?

Yes I do, but now that I think about it, The bills I pay are all done through the bank's website that doesn't use my debit card number at all. So maybe I was gotten by a skimmer at the ATM. That is the only place I physically use that card.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Thankfully I have notifications switch on.

Just went through this ... it was apparently a Wells Fargo, so called "banker", who was the culprit. And, like you it was caught immediately because I had notifications turned on, and was notified that a "new address was added to your account".

The ploy used was that the particular debit card (safely in my wallet), was declared damaged, a replacement card (same number/same linked account) was issued, then apparently mailed to a WF "bankers" address address in Cambridge, MA.

Yep, you heard right ... took a call (loudly) to our local police station, while in the bank lobby, to finally get the full story out of them.

These are no longer you grandfather's "bankers".

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I only reluctantly took a debit card as it was the only way to get cash out of my bank's ATM. I have never used it for anything else and never other than my own branch bank's ATM. I don't even carry the card around day to day. I only get it out of my safe when I need to use it, and if I am travelling away from home it goes into my safe deposit box at my bank.

As others have said, make all purchases using a CC, not a DC.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Always use a credit card over a debit card!

^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^
    I’ve been hit about 3 times. Always on my Discover card and never cost me a dime. Discover notified me on 2 of them and I noticed the other quickly. I never use a debit card for anything. It’s a pain in the ass dealing with this but it’s the world we live in.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Also, most banks today have automated alerts you can set up on your deposit accounts. I get an email every time anything over $1 is posted to my checking account so as to be able to make a timely denial that the charge is mine.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Wasn't meant as "OMG there already is a thread dumbass!!!!!eleven11" but as "here's a few posts on the subject so not everything has to be typed out again" ;)

I Didn't think you were saying that. Thought it was a good idea in hopes of keeping the site cleaned up.

And just for the record. Because it keeps getting replied..I've never used this card except for withdrawal from the branch's ATM.
    I have a replacement coming, though I plan to only use that in an emergency now. I'll transfer any funds I need to my other checking account that I keep a low balance in if I want to withdraw and keep the bulk of my money in the one with the unused debit card.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I personally don't have a credit card of any kind. I had one in college. After that, nope.

All I have is a debit card with a limit. Besides gas, beer and snuff from 7/11. Small stuff from Lowe's, TSC, In-n-out burger.

Online purchases are usually from Amazon.

The only thing I do at the bank ATM is check the balance. Even then, I try to pull off the card scanner slot thingy. There's been a few gas stations around here that had a skimmer installed. Particularly Copperas Cove.

I haven't had anything happen. *knock on wood

Top Bottom