• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    so what should I do to open my nose and lungs up? Very bad congestion, stuffy runny nose, temp is normal and I haven't taken very many meds. This all started with a sore throat for the first few days then BOOM! took a Sudafed yesterday and an aspirin this morning but that's it. I have a humidifier going next to the recliner where I am staying so I can breathe. I haven't slept in 36 hours.

Should I get some old school Vicks or something?

HALP!
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    th?id=H.4555170530329229&w=120&h=166&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.jpg

plus

th?id=H.4909921927301193&w=246&h=182&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.jpg

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Netipot has helped me out several times in this situation. Never would have thought about it before I used it the first time a few years ago. Now I prefer it over "drugs" as it actually flushes out the irritants. Use it with a saline solution (packets found next to them usually so you can make your own). Here's the one that I use that I think works better than the "traditional" ones.

Waterpik SinuSense Pulsator - Walmart.com

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Netipot has helped me out several times in this situation. Never would have thought about it before I used it the first time a few years ago. Now I prefer it over "drugs" as it actually flushes out the irritants. Use it with a saline solution (packets found next to them usually so you can make your own). Here's the one that I use that I think works better than the "traditional" ones.

Waterpik SinuSense Pulsator - Walmart.com

This in conjunction with a vaporizer (with the liquid solution you put with it) is the absolute best combination.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    On a deployment many years ago, I had to go through England en route to Bosnia in the middle of winter.

Delta Airlines gave me the worst cold I ever suffered. When I got to London, I went to the British Naval Base Medical Clinic.

The Indian doctor did his exam, then prescribed me herbal ear drops and saline nasal spray. Not being in a position to protest not getting a load of antihistamines and antibiotics, I took the prescription and did just as the good doctor said. Ear Drops and Nasal Spray every four hours until the vials were empty. "Come back for more if you still feel sick".

Twelve hours later, I was up and at 'em. Sometimes tribal medicine works better than what we ever expected.

On the other hand, I don't think their herbal remedies would fix a hernia, cancer, or appendicitis.

(Walmart has herbal ear drops and saline nasal spray far cheaper than anti-histamines and antibiotics).

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm sure it's the same cold going thru Houston. Really sleep is what I did for a week. Granted I have a good supply of Robitussin w/codeine

zeke4351

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Sounds like allergies like I have. Try Allegra or Chlortimeton. You can buy over the counter. It's probably not a cold but you can get a infection from all the drainage.

Top Bottom