• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    First, I'd like to offer "insert gun or object name here" for the low price of "5% less than retail or retail" firm.

Second, My "insert firearm here" was stolen this weekend.

I've mentioned the first before. People selling guns often act like people selling cars and electronics. The value just isn't there unless it's super rare and in demand, yet continually on here and other places I see people trying to sell their guns and accessories for a ridiculous price. They have to realize at this point we all have internet access.

The second seems to baffle me. How the hell do people get their guns stolen so much? I mean I get it, some idiots put NRA stickers and stickers that scream "this car has a gun in it" on them, but the household robberies. If you have a few firearms I think a safe or at least a locked storage space seems to be appropriate. If you've bought even 3 guns you've now spent as much as a good basic Residential Box.

Am I a moron in this or are people just really really dumb about allowing their firearms to be stolen?
    Military Camp

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yes, people are stupid.

Many think private sales command a premium because of no paperwork. Others list items just under what they payed and don't realize they overpayed originally and their sale price is too high.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    To be blunt(and honest), some people are just plain dumb as a box of rocks.
    It a wonder they make it through each day alive.
    Precaution, situational awareness, personal security are completely lost on them.

Its understandable some wanting to sell something for as much $ as they can. That doesn’t mean I will pay it.
    Make them an offer. If they balk, walk away.
    Yes, many times their price is laughable. You just have to look at it in that light. Laugh and roll on.
    If you visit gun shows regularly you should be well used to this by now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    First, I'd like to offer "insert gun or object name here" for the low price of "5% less than retail or retail" firm.

Second, My "insert firearm here" was stolen this weekend.

I've mentioned the first before. People selling guns often act like people selling cars and electronics. The value just isn't there unless it's super rare and in demand, yet continually on here and other places I see people trying to sell their guns and accessories for a ridiculous price. They have to realize at this point we all have internet access.

The second seems to baffle me. How the hell do people get their guns stolen so much? I mean I get it, some idiots put NRA stickers and stickers that scream "this car has a gun in it" on them, but the household robberies. If you have a few firearms I think a safe or at least a locked storage space seems to be appropriate. If you've bought even 3 guns you've now spent as much as a good basic Residential Box.

Am I a moron in this or are people just really really dumb about allowing their firearms to be stolen?

Not a moron, but maybe suffering from a touch of elitism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I buy and sell quite alot online. If you dont start out high, people will continually try to gyp you down from a fair price. Everyone loves the rush of getting a deal I guess. It's uncommon, but not rare to have people honor a fair price right off the bat, atleast in my experience(@Darkpriest667 is one of those people who does. Good dude). Now one place were nearly every single person selling is whacked out of their mind on prices are gun shows. People should know that generally speaking in the firearms world and certainly true in the car world, once you buy it, the value drops out the ass. But good luck telling that to the peyote smoking whackjobs at the gun show asking $1000 on a beat to shit Single Six that looks like it was dropped into a combine.

As far as the second point, I agree. A safe is just one part of the recipe though. Dogs and security alarms are good too

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    As far as the second point, I agree. A safe is just one part of the recipe though. Dogs and security alarms are good too
    A point I was going to make. Especially security alarms. Depending on your homeowners insurance, they can be practically free. Most insurance companies offer a pretty substantial percentage off your homeowners policy if you have a monitored system.

Funny, so you lock up your guns....what about your TV, computer, and any number of irreplaceable sentimental value pieces that may disappear. Carry a gun around all day, then what? Sleep with one eye open?

Makes no sense. For me, it's less than $1 a day to protect all my stuff and sleep well.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There's a couple of ways to think about selling. First is that if you advertise at a price that you are wanting, more than likely offers will be less. Second, people often believe that what they put into it is what it is worth, which is rarely the case since most times what you buy something for is above wholesale. Although I have no intentions of selling any of my guns, I know I couldn't get anywhere near what I put into some of them. Lastly, many don't take the time to see what "new" prices are going for. Guns can fluctuate in price frequently, so what was selling last week for a certain price could be much less this week.

As far as theft, I don't believe you are a moron so I think you know the answer to that.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So many people buy guns from big box stores, then are surprised that they can't sell it for $$$ less than they paid for it.
    Quite often, their asking price is more, or equal to the same weapon new online.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And too often people will quote an online price and ignore tax+transfer+shipping (not all are always applicable.

Either way, a gun is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, or what someone is willing to let it go for.

If people can’t agree then it’s no big deal. But sometimes a buyer gets butthurt when he can’t buy a gun as cheap as he or she wants. Too bad.

Or a seller can’t get as much as he or she wants. Too bad.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I would never buy a used gun that hasn't been upgraded at near prices at what I can buy new. Not going to pay for someone elses wear and tear. But on the other hand if someone wants it bad enough.....

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    …..

Either way, a gun is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, or what someone is willing to let it go for.

…..

Right! The buyers and the prices they are willing to pay, sets the market price

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would never buy a “used” gun.

<looks down nose>

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Depending on the gun, I would certainly buy a used gun. Now if I could find that usable Python under 2 grand.......

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I would never buy a used gun that hasn't been upgraded at near prices at what I can buy new. Not going to pay for someone elses wear and tear. But on the other hand if someone wants it bad enough.....

Unfortunately what some call upgrades actually make the gun worth less.........

as far as Frankenguns (AR15's) I can't help what they put into it...it's still not worth $1500.00

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Unfortunately what some call upgrades actually make the gun worth less.........

as far as Frankenguns (AR15's) I can't help what they put into it...it's still not worth $1500.00
    Certainly I'm guilty of that. Of course I value mine to my own tastes and that's why I said earlier I would never be able to get close to what I put into them.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Certainly I'm guilty of that. Of course I value mine to my own tastes and that's why I said earlier I would never be able to get close to what I put into them.

lol.....at least you realize it.....some folks buy a Colt 1911 put all kinds of aftermarket parts on it thinking it's custom so it's got to be worth more......

When in fact the unmolested gun in the box is worth much more.....

As far as stolen guns.........I am amazed of the high amount of gun owners that don't record their serial numbers.....negating any chance of ever getting them back...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    lol.....at least you realize it.....some folks buy a Colt 1911 put all kinds of aftermarket parts on it thinking it's custom so it's got to be worth more......

When in fact the unmolested gun in the box is worth much more.....

As far as stolen guns.........I am amazed of the high amount of gun owners that don't record their serial numbers.....negating any chance of ever getting them back...
    I don't think I'm that great of a tinkerer to molest my 1911. too much of a work of art to molest.

Top Bottom