• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The price of firearms is just stupid, and since they are staying up there, some stupid/desperate people must be buying.
    If you survive the cost of getting in the game you can't get the ammo. Or when you find ammo it outclasses the cost of a gun.
    I don't care whose fault it is, its just too much.
    So am I going to sell my guns for way more than they are worth? Nope, they are worth way more to me.
    I have cleaned everything well, over oiled where needed, and stored away my meager supply of ammunition. I have had enough and I am quitting. No more money of mine into the hands of makers, retailers, or ranges. When and if the times change I will reopen the gun safe.
    Later folks, enjoy the ride.
    Capitol Armory ad

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I was waisting my money on cigs, now I waiste it on guns and ammo! Much more fun and I have some guns to show for my money ;-)

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    One of the advantages of getting older is you see many different things. This has happened before, during Klinton's first term. For those who don't remember, primers were almost impossible to find, powders jumped tremendously in price, brass and bullets were almost non existent on dealer shelves, and gun prices went thru the roof, WHEN you could find anything other than a .22.

Lot's of panic buyers, supply and demand drove prices way, way up.

Couldn't maintain that level, manufacturers worked 3 shifts to produce goods. Prices came down, availability went up. I bought lots of barely used guns for the next few years at really, really good prices, looking forward to doing it again.
    Did learn to keep my supply inventory up, I have primers, powder and brass for everything I load for and shoot.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    . . . . . , availability went up. I bought lots of barely used guns for the next few years at really, really good prices, looking forward to doing it again.
    Did learn to keep my supply inventory up, I have primers, powder and brass for everything I load for and shoot.

Yay, I have something to look forward to (hopefully). It would be nice if it the same time I get out of med school and start making some money.

Top Bottom