• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Does anyone think he would balls enough to say 'wetback' in a group oh hispanics? .
    Just like any northern a lot of talk
    Depends. I have joked with many friends using that term in the past, but then they knew that. And of course, they would often use a derogatory term to refer to me. It all depends on the circumstances.
    ARJ Defense ad

Psssniper

Broke down south of Dallas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Corsicana
    7 of my 9 friends from SA have managed to get out years ago. They all saw this coming. Johann is a brother in the gun culture whose family had been in SA for generations. His stories about white farmers, gun owners etc were interesting. Basically seemingly innocent incremental steps by the government led up to strict licensing and then they just stopped renewing the gun licenses. They were forced to surrender everything.

Johann with my old Serbu 50 BFG. He's now living in Australia

daqPqtE.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    7 of my 9 friends from SA have managed to get out years ago. They all saw this coming. Johann is a brother in the gun culture whose family had been in SA for generations. His stories about white farmers, gun owners etc were interesting. Basically seemingly innocent incremental steps by the government led up to strict licensing and then they just stopped renewing the gun licenses. They were forced to surrender everything.

Johann with my old Serbu 50 BFG. He's now living in Australia

daqPqtE.jpg
    I once was thinking of moving to Australia for work. With all that had happened since then and the state Australia is in today, boy am I glad that didn't work out.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I’m sure I ain’t the only one who remember “Hair”?
    Pretty much any language can be made acceptable as a part of a work of art. Conversations among friends are not art. Political conversations are not art.
    That's why the quelling of free speech is so dangerous. Let them speak.
    On a personal basis, I fully agree with you. That's why the staff of TGT is as lenient as we are. True, useful, enlightening conversation requires a great deal of tolerance for folks who speak differently and say things we don't like.

But this is a public forum and everything here can be taken out of context. The staff must pay attention to not just helping members communicate freely but also to avoiding the problems that can happen when folks who are not part of the community jump into the middle of things and get confused. We don't kowtow to those people but neither do we want to give the broader media anything that can be twisted into, in their minds, "further proof that gun owners are a bunch of low-class, racist mental defectives."

Put more succinctly, the "N-word" might be acceptable (mandatory, even) on a forum devoted to gangsta rap. On TGT, it's an instant ban. Different circumstances require different standards.

And in case anyone is dense enough to not yet realize it, the situation in this thread is under review.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Never in my life have I ever come across either of those contextual meanings. It has always been very specific to Mexicans or Hispanics and very derogatory in nature.
    I guess then my four years in the Border Patrol, three years in the Customs Patrol and many more as a Special Agent (criminal investigator) with Customs & HSI (all involving arrests of many illegal aliens for various reasons) must have given me a bit more insight into the term than you have with your incorrect interpretation of the term.

I have arrested scores, if not hundreds, of folks who were called wetbacks from countries such as China, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal, Germany, France, England, Ireland, a few Slavic nations, South Africa, Nigeria and many other countries who swam across the All American Canal or Rio Grande and who were referred to as wetbacks because of how they entered the USA not because of their racial makeup. Others who did not swim (get wet in the process) were also called likewise regardless of from where they originated and regardless of their racial make-up.

To accept the outright lie that the term only applies to Mexicans or other Hispanics (neither consisting of a race by the way - one being a nationality and the other an ethnicity that contains varying races) is falling prey to the twisted vocabulary of the left that was twisted by them only to suit their own agenda. It is much the same as calling the term 'China Virus' a racist term when in fact it had absolutely nothing to do with racism but there was the media and the leftists twisting around the meaning of yet another term to suit their agenda once again as they have done for decades if not longer.

Anyone who calls me or implies that I am a racist, for my use of that term, or for any other reason, is ignorant at best or an outright besmirching liar at worst. Never in 32 years of government service was a complaint made against me by anyone I arrested - not for anything and that includes zero complaints to do with racism. Not one of my coworkers of any race ever made a complaint against me for race related issues nor did any ever make a complaint against me relative to sexual harassment. The only official complaint I ever had made against me was when I, in essence, told a supervisor he was an outright liar and that had to do with some parking tickets I got on y government vehicle. I got a letter of reprimand for that and he was the same race as am I. I have had girlfriends of different races and friends of all races. I made donations every year for many years to the UNCF (an organization which now I would not support because it has proven itself racist).

The term wetback may be meant to be derogatory and why should it not be so since if derogatory it is rightly assigned to people whose first act on the soil of the USA is a crime. Should they be praised or degraded? You want to shed tears for them being called what they are by way of how they entered the country because you saw the term used on television and in movies and by the media as being racist - go right ahead and add bullshit to the fire and stink things up by calling a non-racist term racist just as the liberals do. Of course, some may use it with racial connotations but not me nor anyone with whom I associate do so to my knowledge. Because someone uses a term incorrectly and or with a negative racial connotation does not mean that suddenly it becomes the correct connotation of said word nor does it mean that others who use it, and have done so for decades, use it as a derogatory racial term.

ETA: However, I will cease using the term here because it seems to offend so many folks who seem to side with bleeding heart liberals who wish to fawn over the illegal aliens who enter our country on a daily basis by the thousands, each and every one of them who enter illegally by committing a crime as their first act here. Let me assure you, based upon my extensive law enforcement experience with them, that will not be the last crime the great majority of them commit in this country whether violations, misdemeanors or felonies. I have little to no good regard for them - they are criminals as I see them plain and simple and invaders at that and that goes for any illegal aliens of any race and any nationality. I'd rather protect our nation and our borders than let them in to destroy our economy and our culture. Given the choice, I'd let in all those who applied for legal immigration who do not have a criminal record - too bad the liberals in the Biden Administration never thought of that - that is they never thought of rewarding people who tried to do it legally but instead give preference to those who enter the USA by violating our laws.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Pretty much any language can be made acceptable as a part of a work of art. Conversations among friends are not art. Political conversations are not art.
    On a personal basis, I fully agree with you. That's why the staff of TGT is as lenient as we are. True, useful, enlightening conversation requires a great deal of tolerance for folks who speak differently and say things we don't like.

But this is a public forum and everything here can be taken out of context. The staff must pay attention to not just helping members communicate freely but also to avoiding the problems that can happen when folks who are not part of the community jump into the middle of things and get confused. We don't kowtow to those people but neither do we want to give the broader media anything that can be twisted into, in their minds, "further proof that gun owners are a bunch of low-class, racist mental defectives."

Put more succinctly, the "N-word" might be acceptable (mandatory, even) on a forum devoted to gangsta rap. On TGT, it's an instant ban. Different circumstances require different standards.

And in case anyone is dense enough to not yet realize it, the situation in this thread is under review.
    Understand, it's all in the interpretation. I don't condone racial derogatives in their use to deride others, and today would probably not use them playfully on purpose. In a way, that's kinda sad. A use playfully can render them that much less impactful.

By the way, I'm offended by your use of defectives, I'm a Defective with a capital D.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I guess then my four years in the Border Patrol, 3 years in the Customs Patrol and many more as a Special Agent (criminal investigator)with Customs & HSI (all involving arrests of many illegal aliens for various reasons) must have given me a bit more insight into the term than you have with your incorrect interpretation of the term.
    based upon my extensive law enforcement experience
    Hmmmm. I wonder where I've heard this sort of thing before?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I will cease using the term here because it seems to offend so many folks...
    That's very insightful of you. Thank you very much.

However...
    Here I Must Digress A Bit In Protection Of Myself (after seemingly having been threatened with a ban should I continue to use the term...
    ...since you acknowledge you've already been warned and chose to disregard that warning, you should probably take a week off to ponder the situation.

To Everyone Else: Please learn from this. The staff has carefully listened to what Glenn had to say and decided that the preponderance of evidence falls on the side of designating the term in question as a race/ethnicity/cultural/whatever-based pejorative equivalent to and requiring the same response as other terms of that type.

Like the un-ironic use (or maybe any use) of the N-word, the use of the W-word will, in the future, earn a permanent ban.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I guess then my four years in the Border Patrol, 3 years in the Customs Patrol and many more as a Special Agent (criminal investigator)with Customs & HSI (all involving arrests of many illegal aliens for various reasons) must have given me a bit more insight into the term than you have with your incorrect interpretation of the term.

Well, that’s about the single most arrogant statement I’ve come across today. Maybe stop a second and think the agencies you were in bastardized a term into acceptance. Closed societies do that all time, saw it in my 20+ year career as a military officer all the time.

I don’t generally like to use members words against them, but in this case, I think it’s warranted. You have on several occasions admitted or bragged about abusing controlled substances to manage your arthritis. Specifically, you have stated chasing prescription opioids with alcohol as a method to cope with your physical pain. I’ll just assume from your marked disinhibition that’s what’s occurring here. Before you get all hot and bothered and defensive, here’s just one example.

Taking a step back from that, one would think with your experience you’d recognize what’s going on and seek some help.

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well, that’s about the single most arrogant statement I’ve come across today. Maybe stop a second and think the agencies you were in bastardized a term into acceptance. Closed societies do that all time, saw it in my 20+ year career as a military officer all the time.

I don’t generally like to use members words against them, but in this case, I think it’s warranted. You have on several occasions admitted or bragged about abusing controlled substances to manage your arthritis. Specifically, you have stated chasing prescription opioids with alcohol as a method to cope with your physical pain. I’ll just assume from your marked disinhibition that’s what’s occurring here. Before you get all hot and bothered and defensive, here’s just one example.

Taking a step back from that, one would think with your experience you’d recognize what’s going on and seek some help.
    I don't believe he'll see your reply for a while.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    That's very insightful of you. Thank you very much.

However...
    ...since you acknowledge you've already been warned and chose to disregard that warning, you should probably take a week off to ponder the situation.

Great.....now he'll have time to camp out at ALL the Academy stores.....

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx

Shit I gotta go see y'all white people get a brother in trouble

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom