• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I recently purchased a Romanian TTC (TT-33) from J&G Sales. I haven't taken her to the range yet (need more 7.62X25mm). However, from what came in the box, I can say I am pretty pleased. No rust anywhere, except in the pull-back grooves (yes, make fun of me, I can't remember the actual name for those things) are on the rear of the slide (the only place where cosmoline did not exist apparently). I don't think it was ever fired...the bore is pristine ...I mean there were still a few metal shavings in it from the machining process...how often do you find that? A few wear spots were on the frame and slide, but I blame poor packing in storage and mailing for that. The best part...sweetest two-stage trigger I've ever felt ...just enough that you know you are pulling it. I expect good things for accuracy as a result. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The extra mag I purchased is another store. The floorplate is loose...it jiggles when I put it in the TTC. I don't know if this will affect the feeding of rounds. I'll have to try the mag at the range and see what happens. It's nice to have another handgun in the same caliber as my 1953 CZ-52. Come to think of it, my TTC and my CZ-52 were both made in 1953...nice.

Anyone else have one of these TTC or TT-33 handguns? I'd like to hear some other experiences/reviews.
    Hurley's Gold

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You hit on a very current subject for me. I was recently turned on to the 7.62x25 cartridge with a range trip with a friend of mine who has a couple of TT-33's, and then my recent purchase of a CZ52. I have fallen in love with this cartridge, and will be getting a TT very soon. I was just telling the aforementioned friend of mine this morning that I wish someone made a nice, affordable carbine in this caliber. Then again, if one did exist, demand for the ammo would probably go up, driving the prices up. I just bought several hundred rounds from ammunitiontogo.com...very affordable.

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for your comment. I wish I could stockpile ammo like I would like to, but the spousal unit doesn't like, let alone, understand my need to stash ammo:banghead:. She thinks that all I need is ammo for the range.

Anyway, I do plan on getting more 7.62 Tok, but have to find it cheap enough. I won't buy corrosive surplus, so the Privi stuff from Ammo to Go looks to be the cheapest. I don't know anywhere near me where I can buy Tok ammo FTF. Do you know anywhere near or in Corpus that would stock it at a reasonable price?

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'd get a TT-33 except all the imported ones I know of have that stupid non-original safety added to them. I'll stick with the CZ-52 instead. If only I could find a 9MM Largo barrel...

Eli

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I got some surplus ammo from sportsmans guide but it is corrosive.I have had my 33 for a year or so and have not had any major issues except it does not like the brass cased machine gun ammo I got from cheaper than dirt.

Top Bottom