• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Time for r&r.
    Momma wants to go someplace new. We love Playa del Carmen but have been there done that close to a dozen times.

We can go for either of these before the month is out. Some of y'all have been. What say ye?
    We like beaches, horse rides and nature hikes.
    Military Camp

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    +3 on Costa Rica. A guy from work has gone every year for the last five. My wife went to Jamaica and her report is much like what Kennydale said. An impoverished country fo sho.

stevent85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Costa rica. Went there in 11 for anniversary. Absolutely beautiful place. If u want more of a private vacation I recommend rancho pacifico. You won't regret it.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Avoid Jamaica. Unless you are inside an all inclusive resort, security is sketchy. My buddy got robbed outside of margarita ville and his wife groped. Offers to sell you weed come every few minutes.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Whorish as it sounds, I wouldn't go to that island if you paid me. CR I'd hit in a heartbeat, even on my own dime. ;)

I'll give you $43.87 if you go to Belize, only string would be is you have to report back. I've long wanted to go there.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Costa Rica. I spent a week there in September and it was gorgeous and very tourist friendly. One of the best destinations I've been to. I went to the Guanacaste region and would not hesitate to go again.

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Costa Rica. Vacationed on the Pacific coast a couple of years ago. Really nice people and English spoken everywhere we went. Rain forests, wildlife, great coast, lots to do.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Costa Rica it is!

Now. What tours are must do and what to avoid?

Thanks again!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Costa Rica it is!

Thanks again!

Well it's kinda off the normal tourist path, but my niece and mom went here last summer and had a great time. Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica

Niece also enjoyed one of the zip line tours through the rain forest. Will call her and get the name and location if interested.

(Now if you want some thing a little different in Jamaica, have a buddy who has taken a few GFs here in the past and liked it a lot Hedonism II | Adults Only, All-Inclusive, Jamaican Resort & Hotel)

stevent85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Costa Rica it is!

Thanks again!

When I went, we went on a hiking trip, zip lining, horse back riding to a waterfall, and water rafting. All of them were excellent! If ur into fishing they have deep sea fishing. Didn't have time to do that but i wanted to so bad.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Costa Rica it is!

Thanks again!
    If you go to the Pacific side (Guanacaste region) I definitely suggest checking out the tours from Swiss Travel. We used them and another company the first day and were so impressed with our guide's knowledge that we paid extra to secure him as our guide on the rest of our excursions while we were there. Which specific tours will depend on how long you're there, what activities you like, and how much you are willing to spend. I really loved the tour of Arenal Volcano...made for a long day but was an amazing trip. I stayed at the Occidental Grand Papagayo and was also happy with the lodgings...nice oceanside view and excellent staff. You could find someone who spoke English wherever you went for those that aren't that fluent in Spanish. If you stay in that area, Coco Beach (Bahia Coco) is nearby and a good place to load up on cheap souveniers.

I don't recommend exchanging much (if any) currency at the airport as the currency (colones) fluctuate a bit throughout the day and most natives prefer the American dollar anyway. Most hotels will give you a better exchange rate if you really need some local currency for something. I was kind of all over the place with info but if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me Lee.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom