• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    I'm in Plano, other exit out of my neighborhood is Parker. I figured there is hopefully some place we can all agree on that is centrally located.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I'm in Plano, other exit out of my neighborhood is Parker. I figured there is hopefully some place we can all agree on that is centrally located.

Think he meant Parker County, not the city of Parker. I'm gonna be in Erath County 'bout that time, so Weatherford, Fort Worth, Arlington all work for me.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    You'd think some big national chain with local Texas franchise holders thats been making the news with their "down turn" in business would welcome with 'open arms' (pun intended) the opportunity to get a world of free publicity by hosting a "New Years New Day" event for Texas open carriers! {:::cough:::cough:::mc:::cough:::donalds::cough:::cough}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cory S.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2015
    Does anyone know of any churches that will allow congregation members to open carry on church grounds or inside the sanctuary? If so, where?

Cory S.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2015
    Are there any churches in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that will allow congregation members to open-carry on church premises and/or inside the sanctuary? Does anyone belong to a church that WILL NOT allow members to be armed on Sunday morning?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Are there any churches in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that will allow congregation members to open-carry on church premises and/or inside the sanctuary? Does anyone belong to a church that WILL NOT allow members to be armed on Sunday morning?

No one will actually know for sure until next year. If I had to guess, I'd say many of the Cowboy churches will be more accommodating or offer less odd looks than many others. Location also will likely have a lot to do with it.

Technically, those who don't post a 30.07 sign will allow it unless they verbally tell you otherwise.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Seemed to be a fair amount of early interest (at least on the west side of the metroplex) but even that appears to have fallen off. I'm most likely to CC but I was kinda looking forward to the 1st OC just as a one time celebration if nothing else. But oh well... be that as it may....

Sent from my Apple thang.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    I'm still down, and can pretty travel anywhere in the metreoplex. I'm still on the fence for OC, probably CC. The in your face open carry movement has killed public perception for the out come of open carry. I definitely want to wait out the initial jitters.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I have been looking around and haven't seen any 30.07 signs yet... Channel 5 was parked out in front of DM Bullards in Azle this morning talking about how busy they have been. Chances are if I head out tomorrow it may be open carry on the bike. That could be fun.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Well, I couldn't get any consensus together online. I know some of the old OCTC guys are meeting up mid-afternoon at the Home Depot in Arlington, but I was thinking of a more business attire, subdued meetup.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm still interested and in Parker County. I haven't frequented these topics as I've been put off by the "I'm 100% pro gun, but anyone that doesn't fit my image of what OCing should look like is a flaming douchebag" hypocritical cry babies here. I don't have an OC holster setup I like, yet, so I'll be CCing until I do. I probably won't really ever OC unless I'm with others that do. Also I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be (remember the first few times you CC'd?). Plus I feel one guy OCing could be a target (I'm talking about anti gunners, mostly), IMO, buy several guys OCing is not as much as they'd be afraid to approach a crowd of gun toters, negatively. I am happy I don't have to worry about what shirt I wear IWB on a windy day, though.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom