Jean-Claude Van Damme - Volvo Truck Stunt

Acera

TGT Addict
Jan 17, 2011
Republic of Texas
This has gotten a lot of media attention today. Pretty cool stunt, not CGI, he really does the splits between two commercial trucks driving backwards. I found it impressive from both the driving and his ability/agility to do the stunt at 53 years old.

You can bypass the story and go directly to the stunt at 3:40

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I would think there would be no way this is real.
How can they keep the trucks in-sync without computer help or something?
I don't care how well the trucks handle.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Sugar Land Texas
The Today show says it was the real deal but like most media you can't believe it. Needed to have a chick on a motorcycle drive under him.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
TGT Supporter
Jan 19, 2010
Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
I think the drivers deserve 90% of the credit for that stunt.

I'd put a a laser or sonic gap measure device and one that coordinates the advance and retard of the trucks along the road while driving and put the computer in charge myself.

Acera

TGT Addict
Jan 17, 2011
Republic of Texas
I think the drivers deserve 90% of the credit for that stunt.

I'd put a a laser or sonic gap measure device and one that coordinates the advance and retard of the trucks along the road while driving and put the computer in charge myself.
Either that or trust the professional drivers to follow the lines marked on the pavement like they did. I am sure the driving was practiced and practiced until they got it perfect before putting him up there. Even then, probably had a few runs until they got it just right for the final cut.

With that being said, the stunt they pulled last year was pretty impressive also.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
Jul 11, 2009
East Houston
I saw the ad on the 6 o'clock news for the first time, today. They said it was done in ONE take. There were safety cables but still.............Holy smokes!

Flash

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads