Jeff Dunham show

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JohnnyReb, May 9, 2009.

1. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Member

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I got back a few hours ago after taking my family to see Jeff Dunham in Dallas. I never laughed so much in one day in all my laugh! The show was great.

2. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Yeah, I seen him when he was in Amarillo last year.....great show. He's been at it for a long time now (longer than alot of comedians last), must be doing something right as he's still going strong.

3. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    just goes to show ya what being a conservative comedian can do for ya:patriot:

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    iirc, I first saw this guys routine around 92 or 93. Funny guy.

5. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Very funny guys my wife has a few of his shows on DVD.

6. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Member

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    nice guy too

He really is a genuinely nice guy. He told the crowd that it was great to be home. He said he grew up in Richardson, TX,I believe, and went to college at Baylor in Waco. Just before he did his last bit with Bubba J, he said he wanted to do a few special things since he was home. He brought out a librarian who represented a library around Dallas that he checked out a book from when he was little about Ventriloquism. He still had the book that was obviously way past overdue. He then presented a check for over $10,000 to her for late fees that he figured up for the book that helped mold him into the comedian he is today. After that, he brought out his mom who was at the show. He got the crowd of 10,000+ to sing her happy birthday. Then he told his mom that since she volunteers for the salvation army, he brought out a $50,000 check for a donation to them which came out of ticket sales from this show. Next, he brought out the food bank of Dallas and presented them with a $50,000 check which also came from ticket sales. Very funny and nice guy.

7. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've only seen him on Youtube, but my younger daughter laughed her butt off. I think he's great!!:2cents:

8. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Yea I thought he was a native Texan.

9. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    He is a bonafide masterpiece of what a little hard work, a little dedication and not listening to people say no will do for you. He is so freaking hilarious that sometimes I can't breathe when I'm watching him. I can't wait to see his next show.

10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Awesome....:banger: