Joe Horn shooting...

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Pappy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Pappy

Pappy Resident Septuagenarian

Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Here is the latest on Joe Horn......

Joe Horn shooting outcome....

2. Slotback

Slotback Member

Mar 10, 2008
    I am not surprised that Mr. Horn was no billed. Removal of 2 criminals from the taxpayer supported payrolls was fine with the Grand Jury.

3. Pappy

Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Amen brother...:D:D:D

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am glad Mr Horn was no billed. However, it does not mean the GJ thinks he was justified or endorses his actions.

A no-bill means the GJ did not believe that there was probable cause presented to charge him and go to trial. It is not like an acquittal.

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    And I still stand by, he was stupid....and now really, really lucky! :rofl:

6. Pappy

Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    A quote from a member on another Forum...

"To borrow from Clint Eastwood.....when you kill a man, you take away all that he is, and all that he will ever be.......
    Serious stuff. Life-changing stuff.
    I pray that I will never be in a situation similar to what Mr. Horn experienced, but, if I am, I hope I can muster the strength of conviction to respond in similar fashion.
    Why?
    When YOU break the windows of my house and climb in with the intent of taking what I own, you also must negotiate in your own mind how you will react to finding my family, whether it it is my wife asleep with my child, my parents watching an old movie on television, or whatever - with the least chance of exposing yourself as the perpetrator of the crime.
    YOU then become the judge and jury - the arbiter of who and what, if you let them live, will be an acceptable risk to your freedom and the progression of your ill gotten gains.
    So, you break into the house next door and I hear the commotion. This time, it's only a bag of goods....or is it? I don't know what slaughter you have left behind. Should I hide in my house and just trust to God that you haven't killed, let you just run off and give you the benefit of the doubt that next time it won't be me or another innocent family? Or should I take action and assure that even if you have, you won't again?
    People, I ask you.......who in their RIGHT MIND would NOT have done what Joe Horn did?
    Life happens in the moment, folks. 20-20 hindsight is the rhetoric of failure and ineffectiveness.
    What if Joe Horn had had them in his sights and NOT fired, Letting them run off, and later they discovered two murdered grandparents and two sodomized and strangled grandchildren in that house? What would THOSE headlines have said?
    NEIGHBOR HAS KILLERS IN SIGHTS BUT LETS MURDERERS SLIP AWAY
    And how would old Joe live with that, ya think?
    You can't have it both ways, folks.
    Make up your mind. Mine's already made, thanks."

7. Thumper_6119

Thumper_6119 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    I agree with Pappy. I was reading the other day on another forum the responses from people regarding the man who was found beating his 2 year old son to death on a country road in Kaliforniastahn. 2 elderly people came upon this nightmare and actually TRIED to intervene, but the mental furball was able to just push them away. They were eldery for pity's sake, but they still tried. There were a ton of replies wondering why the people didn't do more. (Such as tackle the guy or hit him in the head with a tire iron). Just approaching such an individual is putting oneself in danger. I applaud their efforts. Granted, a CCW in such a situation definitely opens the possibilities for a different outcome. Was there not a traffic cam video released a couple of weeks ago of a man being hit by a car and left in the road, and pedestrians only looked at him as they continued to walk on down the road and offer no assistance? I'm sure I'm not the only one that was appalled at that. The circumstances in these situations is different, but the underlying priciple is not. At what point do we stop doing nothing and intervene? For me, it's immediatly. I can't just sit by and watch bad people do bad things right before my eyes when I am capable of stopping them.

It's a hard call, to be sure. I pray that God guides my hand and my mind should I find myself in a similiar situation.

8. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I agree with the outcome of this situation including the consequences for chosen actions side of it. BUT I DO NOT AGREE with Mr. Horn's 911 conversation. He made so many mistakes in that 10 min call it is unreal. His conversation should've been more along the lines of "there is someone breaking into my neighbor's house send help.... no I'm sorry I'm on a corded phone and I must go make sure my family's safe.....just get help here fast....<click doooooooooooo>" or "someone broke into my neighbor's house and then threatened me in my yard so you might wanna send some help as I had no choice but to shoot them." Either of these or some similar variation and we barely even get a 2 min blurb on our local channels and not much else as far as media coverage. Instead he makes himself sound like he had nothing he wanted to do more than shoot someone. I AM NOT saying the shoot was wrong or that the outcome was wrong, I am merely saying he led himself into a potentially bad situation with his words if he had STFU and gave pertinent details and got off the damn phone this would've been no billed much sooner instead of pushing it back till the media hype died out so it could quietly go away.

Flame away if necessary.

9. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    at what point did we as the law abideing people lose site of the fact that the bg is the bad guy. and that we are not suppost to stand aside and let them have their way. when did it become only the police`s job to protect us. they are never there when the bg is, they can only clean up after the fact. if the bg will not stop when told to do so then I will shoot. not to kill but to stop the threat.

we have the means and the right to help ourselves and those we care about. it is a sad day when we question the right of a man to protect his home and the homes around him. I hope my friends will do so for me, I know I will for them.

I am not a sheep. and I dont want to think that I need the police to take care of me. when I know that if I call them they will be here in a little while. and the bg will be here now.

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The only thing I have an issue with in this case is, I think Mr. Horn really screwed up with what exactly he said on the 911 call. It really made it sound like he was just itching to kill someone. I definitely don't think he should spend any time in jail, but he could have acted and talked a bit less like an idiot and it would have helped his case more I think. God forbid I ever find myself in such a situation, you can be damn sure you won't catch me saying stuff like "BANG! You're dead".