• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    They have recently stopped selling on their website since its a free market and gunbroker is king in auction.

P.S Recently a funny incident occured, they listed a 10.5 spikes upper for sales (below market price) and I was able to snag it with another 15% discount. I am sure they regret it as hell listing it.
    lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hays, KS
    They have recently stopped selling on their website since its a free market and gunbroker is king in auction.

P.S Recently a funny incident occured, they listed a 10.5 spikes upper for sales (below market price) and I was able to snag it with another 15% discount. I am sure they regret it as hell listing it.
    lol

First off, you didn't get 15% off a discount code. We've never given a 15% off discount code on Spike's products, period, so that's a lie. It was a 5% discount, assuming you're located in Bedford. We'd lose our ass doing so, as margins aren't all that great on Spike's uppers once you factor in credit card fees and shipping fees.

Second of all, we can we sell our property however we see fit. Whether that be below or above "market" price on our website, or on craigslist, or on Gunbroker, or in out store front. It's our property, and we can do what we want with it, just like you can do what you want with your own property, Qusai.

That's weird...you claim we recently stopped selling on our website but we ship out thousands of orders a week that were placed on our website? Huh?!?! Perhaps you should not talk about matters of which you do not know anything about. Troll elsewhere, perhaps?

Back on topic: Seekins lowers sold out on the last batch within a few hours. We're hoping to have more within a week or so.

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Thanks for taking time to register here and welcome to TGT. Thats what I said its a free market, yeah I have setup alerts on your website too but never recieved the alert that they were in stock. But saw them on GB being sold. When the panic settles in a few months most of us will remember.

BTW I was referring to the same thing as discussed below on XDtalk too

I have been feverishly watching my emails from JoeBobOutfitters for stock notification for Spikes tactical lowers. I have gotten two of them, while at work. When I got home home they were already sold out. JoeBob is a site vendor. I am getting antsy, because I keep on missing the boat.

I was just on gunbroker and I was suprised to see that JoeBob has three lots of 5 Spikes Tactical Punisher lowers listed. I guess, they will no longer list them on their site to try to cash in on gunbroker in these gouging times.
    confused.gif

Is anyone interested in me purchasing one lot of five lowers and splitting them up between members? Maybe, JoeBob will ship to different ffls for us. I want two of the lowers. So, there would be 3 Punisher lowers available.

MODS: delete if inappropriate.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I have never understood the point of putting a "full-auto" third marking on an AR lower considering they don't even have the same dimensions internally as an M16 and can't accept full-auto parts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hays, KS
    Thanks for taking time to register here and welcome to TGT. Thats what I said its a free market, yeah I have setup alerts on your website too but never recieved the alert that they were in stock. But saw them on GB being sold. When the panic settles in a few months most of us will remember.

We sell inventory how WE see fit. We don't have to do it how a single customer wants us to release inventory. It's our business, and we have the overhead to prove it.

Most customers will remember that we didn't want to release a very small amount of Spike's lowers on our website? Which would in turn have released 1000's of "In stock now" emails, and only a few dozen customers would have been able to snag them?

We get 300,000+ unique IP's hitting our website right now, per month. That means if we get 50-100 lowers in, it is not worth sending out thousands of email notifications of an item being in stock. We piss off more customers doing so than its worth. Ergo, we'll release some items in-store only if we receive small amounts in, OR we can release them within other avenues, such as a forum specific deal, or on Gunbroker. We just finished up a deal where we did this with a few hundred BCG's that never went "public". Several hundred customers got a really nice BCG at $160 shipped without having to fight to checkout within the first 10 minutes.

Gunbroker is a very fair venue. If you don't want to pay what the market states the product is worth, then you don't have to pay it. ALL of our Gunbroker customers, will be 100% satisfied. They will all receive a product at a price they were willing to pay in a very quick timeline. No more, and no less. They also won't be flipping anything most likely. If they're buying purely on speculation at today's market prices, then they will most likely be stuck with the bag. However, that's their risk. That's no different than buying Apple's stock, or Gold. It could go up, or down, with many variables in-between.

We don't have ANY upset customers when we do it this way. Customers can either pay whatever they bring, or look elsewhere. As the market price comes back down, then we'll be selling the crap out of the limited availability items on our website like always. We have less inventory, and we have increasing fixed overhead due to the demand curve currently.

We have a business to run, and we also have a customer base to manage. When a manufacturer sends us tiny batches of inventory, its honestly not worth us releasing a product for 1/2-1/3 of MARKET price, and in doing so upset hundreds if not thousands of customers. While it may upset one or two customers by doing it this way, it does not have the snowball effect the alternative does. We honestly hate messing with gun broker because it is more labor intensive. We have to eat gunbroker fees, and deal with non paying bidders occasionally as well.

I would not demand anyone sell me their house, gold, silver, or 401K for 1/2 of the current MARKET value. Even though most people have their home value double every 10-20 years, and most didn't put much money into it! Market price varies. A house that was once worth $100k, is now worth $200k magically just a decade later. Why not sell your investment for $100K if you're in the market to move?

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I've never seen these discussions end pretty. Better off with silence. I always wish/ recommend the vendors be silent and focus on their business rather than try to explain it to others. I'm out of this thread and intend to lock it.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom