John O'Quinn Died today

Discussion in 'Houston' started by SC-Texas, Oct 29, 2009.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    John O'quinn died today along with his longtime driver Johnny Lee Cutliff. I have met O'Quinn in eh elevator and said hello to his driver in the parking lot on a few occasions. they were good people.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sad.....

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Heard about it on the radio yesterday and used it to preach to my son again. Control your speed and be extra careful on rainy days.

4. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It was a shame. He had no chance if you look at the photos of the suburban!

Can you belive how all the people who work for him feel today?

they are all going to have to find new jobs.

5. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    If you think about it, he affected a large number of people's lives who were counting on him!

6. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I didn't know much about in a professional sense, other than that he was a Houston lawyer. I do drive by his ranch SW of San Marcos all the time and can say it is probably one of the most beautiful in the entire hill country. The area along Fulton Ranch Rd. where the hills transition down into Blanco river bottom looks like something off a postcard. He owns a ton of land out there by any standards, let alone the hill country where most tracts are smaller. A lot of sweat went into acquiring all that, it's really unfortunate he won't get to enjoy it in retirement.

7. SC-Texas

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    John was never going to retire. He loved what he did, to say he was driven is an understatement.

8. Bily Lovec

Bily Lovec Member

Nov 19, 2008
    it will be interesting to hear the story as to why he wasnt on the plane.

9. Zero T

Zero T New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Houston
    Yikes! He was driving almost 80 down Allen Parkway in the rain. This goes to show you what a momentary lapse in judgment can get you. Cars are not built to take a side impact like that, and had they hit the tree head-on, they probably would have lived. RIP.