• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johncolt51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Hi…I'm new to this…hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction, to sell my S&W Double Action Airweight .38. It has hardly been used, but I'd like to get more than the pawn shop is offering. It has a stiff trigger action, and my wife can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Bought it in 2012, but haven't shot more than 50 rounds, with it. I live north of the DFW area…more in Texoma area.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It has a stiff trigger action, and my wife can't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Welcome.

FWIW, that trigger pull can be reduced quite a bit with a simple spring job. About $10 in parts and a little bench time if you are at all mechanically inclined. There are plenty of Youtube videos showing how to do it. As far as accuracy, J frame S&W are not target guns, but they are great QC defense guns. They are very reliable and simple to use guns. Hitting center of mass at 3-5 yards should be doable for just about anyone that can point a finger. But I get it if you want to sell it for something else. If it's a no lock model it will command a better price, but be prepared for about a 25 - 30% depreciation if you want to move it quickly.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Welcome to the forum. You might want to spend the money for a trigger job. We had the same experience with my wife's 38 air weight. Smith said it was probably about 16lbs from the factory.

Top Bottom