• codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    all from the comfort of your PC:

According to a Chinese broadcast which was uploaded to Youtube last week the Chinese PLA of the Nanjing Military Region revealed Glorious Mission which looks and plays very much like a Call of Duty title. One big difference though is the enemy. Can you guess who the Chinese are going against in the title? Yep, the good old USA.

I'm not quite convinced that going to war with the US would resemble any sort of glorious mission. I mean, given the state of the world at the moment it's weird that the PLA would develop what is probably a government funded game with US forces as the rival. According to the Youtube description the title is meant both as a training tool and source of entertainment for PLA forces.

Glorious Mission will feature 32-36 player online modes, and a single-player campaign.
    Capitol Armory ad

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Before somebody gets all booty swole about this, ill say something. dont yall worry, this isnt gonna encourage chinese kids to want to go to war with the USA. we're their biggest customer. they get up and pray to Buddha every morning that the US has a strong economy.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    LOL I guess they wanted an opponent that can give them some sort of competition. They chose correctly, perhaps a bit too correctly.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Not a big issue, we have made games for decades with Cuba, Russia, China, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Japan, Germany, Italy etc. as the enemy. I think our global video game murder scale is far superior.

I often wondered how people would take someone else making us the enemy.

Another thing is the far east has an American fetish. The Japanese and Chinese seem to be pretty inspired by our culture and technological prowess.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Not a big issue, we have made games for decades with Cuba, Russia, China, Korea, Japan, Germany, Italy etc. as the enemy. I think our global video game murder scale is far superior.

True. I felt a little weird when I first heard about it a month or two ago, but how many PLA kids did I massacre in BF2 and Russians in MW2 and Noruas Koweans in Crysis and Hobos in GTA?

...1,425,847,289,461...that's how many.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Before somebody gets all booty swole about this, ill say something. dont yall worry, this isnt gonna encourage chinese kids to want to go to war with the USA. we're their biggest customer. they get up and pray to Buddha every morning that the US has a strong economy.

Who's worried? Militarily the Chinese are a paper tiger, with the sole exception of cyberwarfare.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not a big issue, we have made games for decades with Cuba, Russia, China, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Japan, Germany, Italy etc. as the enemy. I think our global video game murder scale is far superior.

Another thing is the far east has an American fetish. The Japanese and Chinese seem to be pretty inspired by our culture and technological prowess.

You can see it in the video when they're jumping onto a Black Hawk. Also, the J-10 (vaporware alert!) model they show off in the video is basically a tweaked copy of the F-16.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county

Elvis and John Wayne wannabes

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Can't tell you how many Chinamen I've iced in Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.

Let 'em have it. It doesn't mean anything, it's just storyline for a game.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom