• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    During a recent rummage sale at our church, I met a guy that does CHL and defensive pistol classes. We got to talking and he ended up telling me about a gun club that he is VP of in Spring Branch off Rebecca Creek Rd., right off 281. It's about 15 minutes from me. I was certainly interested since the nearest range is about 45 minutes from me and I don't have enough contacts here yet to go shoot on private land any time I want. I finally went yesterday to see what it was all about during their monthly meeting. This meeting happened to consist of a cookout at the range. I wasn't sure what to expect. We got there and the brisket was already done cooking and smelled phenomenal. I met a few members and we chatted for a bit. I could see the pistol range down the hill from where we were and after the introductions, we walked down to take a look. What these guys built was very impressive. A nice 50 yd. pistol range with markers at 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 15, 20, 30, 40 yds and stands with tables setup under a newly built overhang at 50. It was very nicely done. Target stands were a little close together for my liking, but whatever. We shot for a little bit and then lunch was ready. Some more members showed up and we all ate. We went back down to the range after and shot some more and then during some rain, had a club meeting. Turns out there only about 25 members. Most are about 10-30 yrs older than me (me being 38), but very nice people. Turns out they are working on getting funds together to complete a 100-150 yd rifle range. I must say, I look forward to helping out with that. The initiation fee and monthly dues are very, very inexpensive. I gotta say, I like the fact that it is small, although a little limited at this time.
    Lynx Defense

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    If anyone would be interested, PM me about costs, etc. We're looking for some more members, although, I think they said they want to keep it at about 50.

Top Bottom