• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slim jim

Official News Guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Anyone joined or thought about joining a state militia?

slim jim

Official News Guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Lebanese Kataeb militiaThe term militia is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary[1] citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency; without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. Legal and historical meanings of militia include:

Defense activity or service, to protect a community, its territory, property, and laws.
    The entire able-bodied male (and perhaps female) population of a community, town, county, or state, available to be called to arms.
    A subset of these who may be legally penalized for failing to respond to a call-up.
    A subset of these who actually respond to a call-up, regardless of legal obligation.

In time of trouble we could help are communities. I found this on drudge today

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...cops31.art.htm

In bad times people could help are local and state gov.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I second that 1911 as the Commander of all Forces.

We need a Air Force, and Navy also , and now lets ask who wants to be there commanders.

So for hi jacking your post

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    general-george-s-patton.jpg

In Patton I trust.

glock9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas has a Militia, The Texas State Guard (TXSG) http://www.gotxsg.com/

The TXSG is one of 3 brances of the Texas State military Forces reporting to the adjutant General and under the command of the Governor. The other branches are the Texas Army National Guard and the Texas Air Guard.

I've been a member for a while and find to be one of the more rewarding things I have done with my life.

I'm an old guy who was in the Army from 1969 - 1971 and after 9-11 wanted to do something to serve my country again. The TXSG accepts prior military as well as non prior members and provides emergency support to other state agencies in time of emergency.

There are many ways to serve from shelter management, communications, medical, and security.

I'm assigned to a QRT (Quick Reaction Team) which provides security and we receive some of the very best training.

Glock9

Top Bottom