Juarez

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by Texgun, Mar 28, 2016.

1. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

2. Texgun

Texgun New Member

Dec 19, 2011
    S. Arlington
    That is creepy. ZX9

3. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Now I know how to get my next wife

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Rent, don't buy.

5. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    It's okay...

She won't speak English

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am in the Middle East walking around in public 12+ times a year. Does not make it a safe place to get a beer.;)

7. BCGlocker

BCGlocker Member

Mar 8, 2015
    El Paso, TX
    I recently watched Sicario the movie. Is it true they hung naked dead bodies from the freeway?

8. kirk10100

kirk10100 Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    yes, it was true. Some liberties were taken in the movie but in the heyday of the violence, most of the stuff in the movie happened.

9. kirk10100

kirk10100 Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I have not been to Juarez for about 6 years which is when the violence started. It got really bad for a while but friends that still live there tell me it has calmed down. Not to the pre drug wars level but people are not getting killed by the dozens on a daily basis. I've also asked about the Kentucky Bar. I am told it is now hopping again but it has gotten real trendy with the local hipster locals. I used to go there for some awesome food and a few cold ones so I have fond memories of the place.
    I don't plan on going back to Juarez anytime soon. While things are better, it is still a little too violent.

10. Texgun

Texgun New Member

Dec 19, 2011
    S. Arlington
    Thanks

Kirk,
    Thanks for the info. You helped me decide not to go when you said it is "trendy".
    Too often I find myself remembering the world the way it was in the 1960s and set myself up for a disappointment. I have a habit of remembering only the good stuff. That's not really a bad thing though.
    Thanks again.