Juarez

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by Texgun, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    I bet if you add up the drug/gang deaths in the US its way over the death toll in Mexico.

2. Texgun

Texgun New Member

Dec 19, 2011
    S. Arlington
    I agree Shady. And you know what else? All those deaths plus those caused by the War on Drugs are added to the total gun related deaths. Crap, there are more people killed by cars than guns and there is nothing in the Bill of Rights that specifically guarantees the right to own and operate a motor vehicle.

3. kirk10100

kirk10100 Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Now, keep in mind, this is what I've told by my friends. I think maybe I'll head on down there some day but not in the near future.
    On a side note, did you know Steve McQueen frequented that place back in the day? How cool would it have been to run into him there?

4. Texgun

Texgun New Member

Dec 19, 2011
    S. Arlington
    Ah man; Steve McQueen was one of my heroes. I think he died in Juarez or El Paso. He was getting some kind of cancer treatment in Mexico.

5. sergeant69

sergeant69 Member

Feb 6, 2016
    between CC and SA
    the last time i was in the Kentucky Club was in 1969 on graduation nite. i was a regular. that and THE CAVE, YELLOW SUBMARINE, FREDS, lots of others.

6. Texgun

Texgun New Member

Dec 19, 2011
    S. Arlington
    We finally got up the nerve to go across about a month ago. The Kentucky Club is still there but that's about it.
    During all the cartel scare most businesses closed and the vacant buildings became refuge for dopers and such. They bulldozed most everything off the main drag and made a park.