• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Read the article online: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ington-rifle-settlement/ar-AAolZSC?li=BBnb7Kz

The settlement covers Remington's Model 700, as well as these other firearms: Seven, Sportsman 78, 673, 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, 721, 722 and 725 rifles, and the XP-100 bolt-action pistol.

Under the settlement, most of these guns will be retrofitted with a new trigger mechanism free of charge. However, some models — specifically the 600, 660, 721, 722, 725 and XP-100 — are considered too old to be retrofitted, so Remington is offering owners of those guns a product voucher worth between $10 and $12.50.

More information on the settlement and claim forms are available here: http://remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com/

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Thanks for buying our broke ass shitty product. If it hasn't malfunctioned and killed a loved one yet please accept this voucher worth 1 free hamburger and a side order of fries.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Well my Remington Model 700 BDL was made in 1976 so I guess I will not be participating in this.

I did adjust my trigger pull from 7lbs to just under 5lbs. I have cocked it with an empty chamber and struck it repeatedly with a rubber hammer everywhere on the receiver.
    It just won't fire without me pulling the trigger. I think I'll call it good and just watch where I point it!!!!!

bob

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I was at Academy today and there was a guy buying a R51 and the counter guys were raving about Remington products and how great a pistol the R51 is. Couldn't help but to chuckle.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    When the NRA convention was last in Houston (3 or 4 years ago?), I was talking to the Remington guys and mentioned that I had a 700 BDL with the trigger problem. They told me that they would happily fix it for free. Nope, I sold it - after getting a gunsmith to work on the trigger.

Randomly, it would fire when you took off the safety. Unfortunately, on the 700 you have to take off the safety to unload the rifle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Buy Savage and don't worry about this kind of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I have received checks from Homeowner's ins. companies after a class action lawsuit. I didn't do anything except get a check in the mail for being an insured during the period of controversy.
    I got online and read that the people got between 35 and 200 dollars but the attorneys for the plaintiffs got MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I was apparently 'wronged' but the attorneys got the money???? WTF???

bob

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I worked at a plant that used to get sued frequently. Lawyers would troll for neighbors to be the plaintiff (you have to have "standing", that is to say, you have to live in the neighborhood and have the potential to be affected.) Every so often there would be a case for air pollution or noise or smell or just damn near anything. The lawyers typically get 40% plus all of their expenses. If it goes to appeal, then get an additional 20% plus their costs. Costs? Every pencil they buy will be tracked and billed. By the time any money is collected, the best the plaintiff could expect was maybe 5 cents on the dollar.

Top Bottom