• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    "... safety of its students and employees,” the Paris ISD release says.
    Re-write to say "... safety of its employees,”.

jimirwin2023

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Dallas
    >
    This, from the"1440 Report" of today: "In Texas, a Dallas County judge overruled an order by Gov. Greg Abbott (R), stating that face masks will be required in schools and businesses within the county."

I DON'T WISH TO START ANOTHER "MASK DEBATE" HERE !

The news article caught my eye for other reason, that's why I' m putting it here.

Friends & Countrymen, if we truly have a situation in which a "County Judge" can overrule the Governor, we may be in deeper trouble than we suspected.

Please, no comments re the advisability of "masking". Stick to the POLITICAL implications.

leVieux

What a maroon!

Midlifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    >
    This, from the"1440 Report" of today: "In Texas, a Dallas County judge overruled an order by Gov. Greg Abbott (R), stating that face masks will be required in schools and businesses within the county."

I DON'T WISH TO START ANOTHER "MASK DEBATE" HERE !

The news article caught my eye for other reason, that's why I' m putting it here.

Friends & Countrymen, if we truly have a situation in which a "County Judge" can overrule the Governor, we may be in deeper trouble than we suspected.

Please, no comments re the advisability of "masking". Stick to the POLITICAL implications.

leVieux
    It was a state district judge the preemptively ruled in favor of Jenkins. My bet is DALLAS County shopped the judge before entering his order. Other counties are using the Dallas District judges ruling as precedent for their own mask orders.

If a legislature or Governor issues an unlawful order I would hope a Judge would rule it unlawful. The error here is that the judge upheld the Dallas Co order without a hearing or citing the actual law.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And here is exactly the problem:

Before she granted the temporary restraining orders, state District Judge Jan Soifer said she was troubled that Abbott’s executive order was “prohibiting a requirement that the schools and the local authorities and the people who generally Texas relies on to make decisions for its citizens think are necessary.”

People won't apply critical thinking and make their own decisions. Some want the government or "experts" to make all their decisions for them.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    And here is exactly the problem:

Before she granted the temporary restraining orders, state District Judge Jan Soifer said she was troubled that Abbott’s executive order was “prohibiting a requirement that the schools and the local authorities and the people who generally Texas relies on to make decisions for its citizens think are necessary.”

People won't apply critical thinking and make their own decisions. Some want the government or "experts" to make all their decisions for them.

…and the rest of us aren’t wearing masks

It’s really unbelievable to me that Americans want to be sheep who follow .gov mandates without question.

What happened to the independent, freedom spirit we once had?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    When we have judges that say illegals can't be deported as that is racial (targeting Mex), any sense of truth flies out the window. Masks don't work well, now study shows plastic dividers don't either. As in ancient days, real science is over-ridden by 'control'.

Top Bottom