• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So the fun day is here and I forgot to ask about carrying. Isn't there a law that you're supposed to stay 1000 feet away from a court house or something? Sounds stupid but I never need to or am forced to go to court lol so I am not up to speed on this.

Am I good to the parking lot where it gets locked up or should I go unarmed?
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/forms/chl-16.pdf

PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court; (emphasis mine)

(1) “Premises” has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035.

(3) “Premises” means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

You're thinking of...

(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:
    (A) going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited; or
    (B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/forms/chl-16.pdf

PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court; (emphasis mine)

(1) “Premises” has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035.

(3) “Premises” means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

You're thinking of...

(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:
    (A) going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited; or
    (B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.

#3 is the area of concern. Their description of the public parking area is simply (at the rear of the building) and nothing else. Of course I would lock it up store in the vehicle left in a public parking lot. I guess I should be good to go unless they have started executing traffic offenders in downtown Frisco lol.

Top Bottom