• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Well...now that I am in Texas, I am going to get a CHL and start carrying.

I went to an indoor range the other day and rented a bunch of guns. I rented a Sig P938, P238, G26, and a XDs .45. They didn't have any Shields to rent.

Of all the guns I shot, I liked the p938 the most. I wish I had a change to shoot a shield but they just didn't have one.

So I asked to see a Shield that they had for sale. I held it...loved it...and bought it hoping that I would like it the most. Well...I did. I put 50 rounds down range right after I bought it and it ran like a champ and felt the best of all the guns I shot tonight. Can't say enough good things about it. If I had one complaint, I would say that I can't feel the reset very well and is not not very audible. Other than that, it was great. I'm shooting it a little left but I'll work on that. She is resting in my safe waiting for my class tomorrow.

Here is 50 rounds at 7 yards. Like I said, I am shooting left a little bit :D

520B1B52-DFA1-4BDC-B847-6EC20FE13381_zpshd0uijux.jpg

5F3C347A-6E83-4E98-B9F1-FE06E8DCF0E7_zpsito81odz.jpg

D8D39AED-0332-44FB-9604-E229784D112C_zpsn0gtzcmk.jpg

5C6E1051-D733-48C1-8076-A75C123DF8C5_zpswyxe5jxj.jpg

839BC08A-7AED-4163-B45A-528F8FB94DE9_zpsglsstkjm.jpg

B04843F1-BB56-4BC1-BC35-04387416FD25_zpsxohpzz4q.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Congrats! Great gun that many are happy with. I'm not an owner, but only because I already filled that niche in my collection.

You'll get more comfortable with it the more you shoot and you'll start learning its particular ins and outs. Hope to see you at the range some day!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the forum. Shield is a great gun. You're grouping well, dry firing helps to show what you're doing to pull the shots slightly to the left.

If you're interested in upgrading the trigger, checkout the APEX parts. Shooting using the reset is kind of a tricky proposition, especially once you start shooting really fast.

Also I see you're local to Austin. Drop in on the hometown section if you haven't yet. We have a real good group of local folks.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I also recently acquired a 9mm Shield and like it a lot. I have been shooting a M&P9FS for quite a while, but the Shield is now my favorite of the 2. The FS spends most of its time now in the nightstand.

BADJUJU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Piney woods
    You're grouping well, dry firing helps to show what you're doing to pull the shots slightly to the left.
    excellent advice.
    i own the shield as well and had a slight adjustment period with pulling the trigger. Dry firing put me on the right path.

Best carry gun ever IMO. Fits snug in cargos w/ out holster.
    easily accessible.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

Hope you send pics of it when you carry. I have my first firearm a Ruger SR40C. I want to get a second handgun before end of this year but i am torn. Top of my list is the FNH FNX40 (I want to have a DA/SA in a mid sized frame) I think I can ccw it. but then I think maybe I'd be better off with a more concealable .40 so that's where the Shield comes in followed by the PX4 Storm SC & the G27( Though i would have to rent a Glock. I shot my buddy's G19 (gen2.5) It just didn't feel right. Maybe I will get a Lotto hit and buy both the FNX & M&P !

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    me too and much shorter reset length + talon grips + XS big dot sights + NDZ pinkie extender

Mine also has night sights (Ameriglo) and stippled frame. It's a great gun but I've been considering selling it or trading it for a G17 with similar configuration.

bjfowle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Arlington
    Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

Hope you send pics of it when you carry. I have my first firearm a Ruger SR40C. I want to get a second handgun before end of this year but i am torn. Top of my list is the FNH FNX40 (I want to have a DA/SA in a mid sized frame) I think I can ccw it. but then I think maybe I'd be better off with a more concealable .40 so that's where the Shield comes in followed by the PX4 Storm SC & the G27( Though i would have to rent a Glock. I shot my buddy's G19 (gen2.5) It just didn't feel right. Maybe I will get a Lotto hit and buy both the FNX & M&P !

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been carrying a SR9c for about a year now. I like the gun but wanted another as well. Sportsman's Outdoors Superstore has the Shield for $380 with free shipping so I pulled the trigger. My Shield should be at my ffl on Tuesday.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Grats and good for you!!! Nice grouping!! Mark it off to new gun jitters .
    Good on you for getting your chl. Enjoy it and shoot it till the paint comes off.
    A well used sidearm is a trusted firearm. Here is baby she rolls with me daily.
    Learn it shoot it trust it. Once again grats

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    Nice I really like mine....

Congrats...!!! I got off work this past Thursday and hot footed over to Wharton Carroll's gun shop and picked mine up. Once I'm done with my last refueling outage and retire in about 75 days or so I'll be playing at the range. BTW on you tube 'nutnfancy' did a nice shot review of this lil beauty it has a lot of distance accuracy well better performance then my present ability for sure.......now if my FDE MP9 would only show up dang.......

....oh BTW I saw a Colt M4 tan there and oh man it made my putter flutter lol...so guess the credit union account will get totally drained but hey retirement it's what toys are for....!

Enjoy your new tool...thinking of a Crimson Trace later on? I have to see how that will fit in later as well for future CHL EDC......Congrats again and happy shooting looks like your on your way already...! :banana::cool:

C-man

Top Bottom