• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomatosplat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Dallas
    My kids were shooting a (used) Savage .243 model 11. Just took them to the range to sight in an new SVBONY 16x50 scope. Range Marshall was kind enough to help us get it on paper at the 50yd. We moved to the 100 yd.

I was left bout 4 inches, walked it in with about 8MOA total. I got to the outside of the diamond, adjusted accordingly.

my daughter(12 yrs) hit dead center, and my youngest daughter(11yrs) low & right 2" ea. I missed low & left every round by least 2"ea.

Please, tell me why my oldest can use the same gear and killed it. Are we pulling on the shot? We're both right handed...
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Did you fire one shot or groups, i.e. groups to verify one shot dead one shot low rt and one shot low left, or just one shot. You need groups to verify the results your getting.

Off hand without seeing the rifle and your shooting I'd say there is a distinct possibility you are canting the rifle, i.e. turning it slightly rt or left around the bore axis, the scope could be installed slightly canted making the horizontal line not level which will have the same result as canting the rifle and or flinching.

You just cant answer such questions definitively without more info. That said those are just guesses.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Like they said, get a better scope. At least something like this.
    Athlon Optics Neos 3-9x40 Second Focal Plane Riflescopes Amazon product ASIN B01APT0IZCSomething like this would be better.
    Athlon Optics , Argos BTR , Riflescope , 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube, Illuminated ATMR MOA Reticle ,Black Amazon product ASIN B01APT0E6UMost of my scopes are Athlon. But there are other quality scopes that are similar at the same price range.
    SVBONY is not much better than a toy.
    You have way too good a rifle for such a cheap scope.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom