• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I don't know much about this chambering, but that is what it was starting to sound like to me. Anyone got a link to a comparison of 57 and .22 WMR? Would like to see the ballistics data side by side...

This video is pretty good comparison with ballistic gel & a level 2 panel.
    I was surprised what a 30gr Vmax 22 wmr can do.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Rumor has it that other companies are also getting into the 5.7 game...

I just want a 5.7 MP7-esq delayed blowback braced pistol

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Kinda funny that I got tagged in this thread.....I literally sent the link to the Rifleman article to a buddy of mine today....like 2 hours ago.

Although I AM a 22TCM fan, I'm really a fan of the unique....which this currently is. If y'all will bear with me, I'll share thoughts.

#1 - I LOVE that this is coming to market. I may or may not have a FiveseveN, as well as a PS90. Yes, the cost of ammo SUCKS. Reloading is a bit of an adventure. BUT if there are more firearms that run this ammo on the market (particularly moderately priced firearms), then the demand for the ammo will increase, and perhaps more manufacturers will step into the space. I think it's even more likely when you consider this firearm's manufacturer.

Fun fact about the 5.7 round....it was cooked up to replace 9mm for NATO troops. It provides a higher capacity handgun that, when coupled with the correct ammunition, delivering 2000+ FPS from a 5" barrel, is adequate as an anti-personnel round, even if said personnel are wearing basic body armor.

Now...22 Mag....another of my favorites....especially in Kel-Tec's PMR30. My experience with that firearm is that it likes Vmax rounds....hollowpoints tended to grab the feed ramp, in my limited experience. Level of recoil between the PMR30 and the FiveseveN - negligible. But I like the PMR30 more due to price of firearm, country of manufacturer, and availability of ammo (even if I can't run hollowpoints), as well as added capacity. I've run 22Mag in a couple other auto-loaders, but until Kel-Tec did their thing, a reliable 22Mag semiautomatic pistol just wasn't a thing unless you wanted to spend considerable time and money. Side note - 22Mag is generally accepted as being not reloadable.

Somewhere there is a video that someone else on this forum took of me dumping a PMR30...it is pure joy. And fire literally comes out of every seam of that weapon. Cool. As. Heck.

Now....22TCM. The Tuason-Craig Micromagnum.

I. LOVE. THIS. ROUND.

But, like all things, it has it's drawbacks as well. When it was introduced, I believe that the rated velocity out of a 5" barrel was around 2100 fps. I don't recall off the top of my head. I remember thinking with a grin that it was "a 5.7 killer". RIA produced the 1911 that it was chambered in (and have since chambered a bolt action rifle in the same - rated velocity out of a 16" barrel is 2700+ fps)...and they sold it as a package deal....you bought one gun and got springs and barrels for 9mm and 22TCM. The one that I picked up second hand (because I'm cheap) had FTF issues. I actually got to visit with Mr. Tuason at the NRA get together several years ago. I asked him if he had heard of any issues with this firearm, and peppered him with questions about the yet to be released rifle. After satisfying my fan-boy-ism, he introduced me to his head gunsmith that immediately sent me a shipping label to send my 1911 in to be fixed.

22TCM is totally reloadable and there are sites that have some interesting workups for it.

At the end of the day, I think that all of these rounds and all of these firearms have their place in someone's safe, and on someone's hip. What works for one may not work for others. Heck, my EDC changes with the season, my wardrobe, the phase of the moon, and my particular mood when I'm getting dressed.

The most important thing is that we are so blessed to live in a country where we CAN carry every day, and that our right to protect ourselves and our loved ones is held in high enough regard that there are companies out there that are literally cooking up new stuff, every day, JUST FOR US!!!

Eat it up, and have fun with it all!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

Close in mechanical operation (as in not straight blowback), but i want something that looks like this
    MP7A1_re_SSA_AIMP_SG_SD.png

Not an AR thats been converted to shoot pistol cartridges

Attachments

• MP7A1_re_SSA_AIMP_SG_SD.png
      MP7A1_re_SSA_AIMP_SG_SD.png
      28.7 KB · Views: 625

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Somewhere there is a video that someone else on this forum took of me dumping a PMR30...it is pure joy. And fire literally comes out of every seam of that weapon. Cool. As. Heck.
    Ben, Smitty, a little help?
    I can't find it.

While I enjoyed shooting YG's TCM, reading this thread has convinced me I'm in line for a PMR 30.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    So you want an mp7, but chambered in 5.7?

Yes. H&K has no intrest in giving us the mp7, so perfect opportunity for another company to step in, all while using a similar in function caliber that is actually avalible.

A "braced handgun" is a far more elegant solution than the CMMG guns

Top Bottom