• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    We have not accomplished much, until Dicks declares bankruptcy. Daddy may say he won't go in Dicks but it's not a big deal when Mamma is in there getting Billys Soccer blouse and matching pink laced tinny runners.
    Guns International

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Folks are gonna be raggedy ars hungry and homeless if we submit to the outrage mobs MO. You cant boycott and destroy everything and everyone you disagree with. That's marxis BS.

No one whose not using 100s to like cigars and 20s to heat your home could afford dick before they stopped selling guns. Their prices were outrageous and you didnt even get a courtesy reach around at checkout.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    We have not accomplished much, until Dicks declares bankruptcy. Daddy may say he won't go in Dicks but it's not a big deal when Mamma is in there getting Billys Soccer blouse and matching pink laced tinny runners.

45tex,

When "Mommy" loves her man, she will NOT go into Dick's, IF her man asks her to shop elsewhere. = My lady NOW never enters TARGET because I asked her to NOT shop there.

Fwiw, neither Dick's nor Target sells any item that cannot be purchased elsewhere & for about the same price or less.

yours, satx

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Unless you are anti gun, then you know Dicks advocates for gun control. They spend your money to attack your core beliefs and the Constitution itself. We have a right and a duty to at least speak against anti American Scum companies. And the Dicks that support them.

Americans all have short memories. I have not been in a Target in years. I doubt most here remember why. But even though, I know in my heart that none of what little I have has gone to support a company that supports pedophiles assaulting little kids in any bathroom that's handy.

Folks are gonna be raggedy ars hungry and homeless if we submit to the outrage mobs MO. You cant boycott and destroy everything and everyone you disagree with. That's marxis BS.

No one whose not using 100s to like cigars and 20s to heat your home could afford dick before they stopped selling guns. Their prices were outrageous and you didnt even get a courtesy reach around at checkout.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    With a name like Target you would think that would be a shooter's first pick.

easy rider,

When Target "bent over for" & "kow-towed to" the FAR LEFT & the LGBTQXYZ??? lunatics, they LOST any chance that our family would ever shop there again.

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I find the comments about Wally world not caring about the issue, only about the profits interesting. After all, they did ban those evil assault weapons a few years ago, and the same folks then didn't boycott the store any.

Remind me again how Walmart's ban was different than Dick's? (other than the part where I got a great deal on an evil looking, black, "assault looking" shotgun from the walmart clearance sale)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    F350-6,

ONE big difference is that Wal-Mart does NOT post 30.06 or 30.07 at any other their Texas stores & DPS-licensed OC people are welcomed at W-M..

About a month ago, I reached for my wallet, which is in the pocket next to my Sig-Sauer P225 & thereby momentarily exposed my handgun to "public view". =A "moonlighting Deputy Sheriff was standing nearby & saw my holstered handgun. - As I walked by him on the way out of the store, he said, "What are you carrying ?"
    "A Sig P225.", I said.
    The Deputy said, "Nice piece.", as I walked away.

yours, satx

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Remind me again how Walmart's ban was different than Dick's? (other than the part where I got a great deal on an evil looking, black, "assault looking" shotgun from the walmart clearance sale)

Walmart hasn't started hiring gun control lobbyists. But they are getting close to that level.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Walmart hasn't started hiring gun control lobbyists. But they are getting close to that level.
    SQLGeek,

And your SOURCE for that information is?
    (I specifically asked the manager of our local Superstore & he said that "Upper Management" in Arkansas is 100% PRO-gun.)

yours,satx

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Are the CEO's words enough?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/15/business/walmart-gun-control/index.html

"We're encouraged that broad support is emerging to strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," McMillon said in a statement Thursday. "We believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers."

As I said, they're getting to that point. They aren't there...yet.

They're currently at the Level 2 of How to Be a Dick's Retail Guncontrol Scale which is advocating for gun control. Level 1 was the stopping of selling "weapons of war" back in 2015.

Level 3 will be funding their own gun control efforts.

Dick's has just moved to Level 4, ceasing the sale of all guns.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SQLGeek,

Pardon me for saying that, based on the official guidance from AR, that's FARTHER than the family is actually willing to go.= People don't generally become LIFE members of the NRA/GOA/etc. & also be "gun control advocates" (I would call such creatures, "gun control LUNATICS".).

Further,for PR, lots of corporate people say things for the press that they do NOT mean to do.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

We gunowners ALL need to write, email & call WALMART HQ & tell them that UNLESS they REVERSE the new "policy" & state that the reversal of the policy is PERMANENT that we will do our shopping elsewhere.

It's LONG PAST TIME for every US company to tell the ANTI-GUN LOONS & LIBs to "go pound sand" & IGNORE their stupid ranting/howling/whining/wailing/weeping as JUST NOISE.

I know of NOTHING that we cannot do without that Wal-Mart sells.
    (NOBODY in this house will ever enter one of their stores again UNLESS they VERY PUBLICLY reverse their NEW decision & state that the firm will NEVER again fail to support gunowners, sportsmen & the Second Amendment..)

Just OUR OPINIONS, Darla & satx

Top Bottom