• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Interesting you say that. I put the chickens in for the amount of time they told me. The internal temp said it was good to go but when I pulled it out and tried it again with a different thermometer it said it wasn't quite there. Back on the grill it went for another 20 minutes and the same thing happened. It came out cooked all the way through but the skin wasn't as crispy as I would have like it. I think it will take some getting used to.
    So now you have to import BBQ wood into
    Texas? What a great idea !
    Hurley's Gold

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I looked at one of those ceramic pressure cookers like you have. I just didn't have the guts to take the leap on it. I take it you love it?
    Nothing pressure about it. The ceramic just hold the heat better then most anything else. The are supposed to be able to take real high temps to for doing like wood or coal fired pizzas, but don’t radiate the heat out until you lift the lid.

I have plenty of pictures of foods I have cooked on it post here in what’s for dinner. The wife’s niece & nephew spent 2 night relocating to Louisiana. They both are foodie types who like eating. The nephew was sold after 2 meals off of it.

Spend once, cry once! Applies to so much of what I enjoy.

B. Wright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Cypress
    Nothing pressure about it. The ceramic just hold the heat better then most anything else. The are supposed to be able to take real high temps to for doing like wood or coal fired pizzas, but don’t radiate the heat out until you lift the lid.

I have plenty of pictures of foods I have cooked on it post here in what’s for dinner. The wife’s niece & nephew spent 2 night relocating to Louisiana. They both are foodie types who like eating. The nephew was sold after 2 meals off of it.

Spend once, cry once! Applies to so much of what I enjoy.
    So it's more efficient at burning the fuel you put into it? I really like the way it looks. I bet it weighs a ton!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So it's more efficient at burning the fuel you put into it? I really like the way it looks. I bet it weighs a ton!
    It's very efficient & better yet standing next to it closed you don't feel the heat. I couldn't tell you how often I got heat sick working custom steel smokers & pits. My lid lifting arm will be sore tomorrow.

B. Wright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Cypress
    Been wanting one of these. Sounds like it would be great to use…
    I’m really enjoying it. It’s a breeze to use and it does some really nice things. You won’t get that charbroiled look to your food but you can always keep a Weber around for that I suppose.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I used my son in laws Traeger when I was visiting them last summer to smoke a brisket. Brisket turned out well but it did not have the heavier smoke flavor I get with my offset smoker where I use pecan to smoke brisket. Yes it is convenient, but only gives a light smoke flavor to your food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I had a 700 gallon reverse smoker for a decade. After buying a pellet smoker, I sold the stick burner. Yes smoking with pellets give me less smoke flavor. But when cooking a brisket for 18ish hrs. It is awesome that I can start the brisket before bedtime and I still get 8 hrs of continuous sleep.

Now if you have a stick burner. Look into one of these. It works well in adding smoke flavor. I use it for anything meat I'm smoking for hrs.
    Amazon product ASIN B08JGKK2C7

B. Wright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Cypress
    I had a 700 gallon reverse smoker for a decade. After buying a pellet smoker, I sold the stick burner. Yes smoking with pellets give me less smoke flavor. But when cooking a brisket for 18ish hrs. It is awesome that I can start the brisket before bedtime and I still get 8 hrs of continuous sleep.

Now if you have a stick burner. Look into one of these. It works well in adding smoke flavor. I use it for anything meat I'm smoking for hrs.
    Amazon product ASIN B08JGKK2C7
    The last brisket I did on the pellet smoker was so wonderful. I slept all night knowing that if anything happened, my phone would wake me up and tell me. That's peace of mind.

Squanchy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2022
    Houston, Tx
    these pellet grills are slick! ive got a Fast Eddys PG500 here in Houston and a just bought a used Camp Chef on facebook marketplace for our cabin in Maine. we use these things like crock pots lol.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Smoke 13 hours too drunk to eat.jpg
    smoker2.JPG

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Son has one, he said to pass on one piece of advice.

Store the pellets in a very dry environment. They tend to be Hygroscopic.
    High humidity is bad, ( see Houston)
    Wet is very bad, don't leave the bag outside where the rain or morning dew will get to it.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    My SIL said he wood cook the Thanksgiving turkey this year with his pellet stove.

He used the digital probe and all the other bells and whistles the contraption came with.

Sadly the bird was grossly undercooked when served, what a let down.

Today I told him we would be having grilled steaks, cooked on my “welding shop “ grill over mesquite.

Top Bottom